The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo goes to Toronto...

cmpunk

Just for some fun and something I was seriously thinking about. With rumors of Luongo going to Toronto being strong, if he ends up there he will no doubt put the Leafs into the playoffs. They almost made the playoffs last year but their goaltending just wasn't good enough. Luongo would put them in the playoffs next year if he is there.

But now what I really want to hear from people. What if Luongo goes to the Leafs and takes them to the playoffs, and a long run and they win the cup.

What would the reaction of the Vancouver fans be, and mostly the organization?? It would really be something interesting to see, and funny. It would be one of the biggest embarassments of the entire organizational history, city and fans.

I know everyone here hates the Leafs, I really don't care about them, but from a hockey stand point, apart from goaltending and some of their defense, they could really be a much better team with one addition of a goaltender like Luongo. I think the Leafs just seem like a team that just needs to get in the playoffs and can do some damage by playing a simple, defensive, and hard working style in the playoffs and that is really how you need to play in the playoffs and adding Luongo would make their team a whole lot better and be good at playing this style and they got some good young talent.

If Lu goes there, I personally would not be surprised if they do some damage in the playoffs.

I don't think it's a slam dunk that they make the playoffs. Even if they do, I don't think they have the talent for any L.A. type of run.

I think it will take several more significant changes to turn Toronto into contenders, and I have doubts that will happen any time soon.

The leafs have a good defence on paper. Really good. Its a shame none of them can play well together. If they developed chemistry it would be good.

Schenn, Phaneuf, Liles, Franson would all be much better on other teams.

I agree with many on here. Lou is good enough to get them over the hump and in and thats why Burke needs him, to save his behind. We do know anything can happen once you're in but the leafs just don't have the depth in scoring, even their second line after grabo is not much of anything and then 3/4 drop off alot. Add in a team that really doesn't have a true leader, lacks size, and cohesiveness, well they may squeek in because of a goalie but they don't match up well against Pitt/Washington/NYR/Boston so getting to the cup is highly unlikely for that team for a long while unless....Lou finds himself back in 2006....

Im actually a Canucks(1)/Leafs(2) fan...

Toronto needs a goalie who can steal/win games for them and Vancouver is that.

Toronto won't be looking to move the 5th/Gardiner, but have other valuable assets that Vancouver could be interested in that would be relatively expendable.

No franchise deserves to have such a playoff drought, and both teams have assets that can help eachother.

I think its foolish that people think liles will be better else where but komisarek wont be, When komisarek was on mtl he deserved the money he is making with the leafs today i am confident that when he becomes a canuck he will be a fan favorite much like hamuis is and i also think corey schneider would be happier knowing that no one will get in his way with komi on defense. I have a magazine from 5 years ago which says who will be captain and it has komi and higgi on it I think Komisarek is one out of the three missing pieces to winning a cup the other is a fourth line winger with skill and size and a second line winger.

Archived