The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo goes to Toronto...

cmpunk

Yeah, it does look good on paper. A bit risk prone, but I'm thinking Carlysle will improve the teams fundamentals quite a bit!

The leafs have a good defence on paper. Really good. Its a shame none of them can play well together. If they developed chemistry it would be good.

Schenn, Phaneuf, Liles, Franson would all be much better on other teams.

They weren't coached well, they didn't play team defense, and made rookie mistakes from goalie on out to the forwards. They look like a team that is more than capable of making the playoffs with Luongo in net.

Having said that, they'll likely have to give up some pieces in a deal to get Luongo but I think the trade will improve them mostly.

If we can just get Gardiner for Luongo.... then wouldn't Schultz want to come to Vancouver? Having these two as an excellent defense pair....drool...

Yeah, it does look good on paper. A bit risk prone, but I'm thinking Carlysle will improve the teams fundamentals quite a bit!

No real scoring lines? See J. Lupul who tied Daniel Sedin this year in 6 less games and P. Kessell who beat Henik Sedin...

:picard::sadno::sick:

If anything they are too much like us up front, scoring but not enough size and grit! Phx was a trapping team, Burkie, love em or not, always wants to play up tempo hockey. Nothing farther from Phoenix than you could possibly find!

If Lu went to Toronto, and lets say Toronto made the playoffs. made it to the Cup finals, and then I'm going to go further and say, beat the Canucks for the cup, I would somewhat enjoy it, mainly because it would be a slap in the face to all those who ever hated Lu, and him winning the cup against us would be the kick in the groin for good measure.

Yes if Luongo goes there he will put them in the playoffs aswell as save Burkies job.

I gotta say that I would be unhappy that they make the playoffs because then we wouldn't have a team to laugh at.

and when our team struggles we wouldn't be able to have that thought that "Well atleast we can make the Playoffs and we aren't as bad as Toronto"

And after talking to some clueless leaf fans alot of them would consider getting Luongo as, doing a favour for us by taking his contract off our hands. Oh well I would be happy for TO since there huge playoff slump would finally be over.

What if we had a defenseman that had a major possible career ending concussion that got an offer we couldn't match from another team that then goes on to win the cup?

What if we had a back up goalie we liked and didn't want to lose in an expansion draft, so we trade a dman to a team for their extra goaltender so that goalie goes to FLA (and takes them to a cup final) and the Dman wins a cup against us?

Stuff happens.

I expect Lou could get the Leafs into the playoffs as he did for the Canucks. I doubt, however, that he could tame his demons , and play up to his seasonal stats in the playoffs. History has shown that he couldn't bring playoff consistency here, what makes cmpunk think he could, or would, do it in Toronto. ! Lou would not be subject to trade rumours otherwise !

I expect Lou could get the Leafs into the playoffs as he did for the Canucks. I doubt, however, that he could tame his demons , and play up to his seasonal stats in the playoffs. History has shown that he couldn't bring playoff consistency here, what makes cmpunk think he could, or would, do it in Toronto. ! Lou would not be subject to trade rumours otherwise !

Im actually a Canucks(1)/Leafs(2) fan...

Toronto needs a goalie who can steal/win games for them and Vancouver is that.

Toronto won't be looking to move the 5th/Gardiner, but have other valuable assets that Vancouver could be interested in that would be relatively expendable.

No franchise deserves to have such a playoff drought, and both teams have assets that can help eachother.

Archived