The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo goes to Toronto...

cmpunk

Interesting post. I'd argue that "Luongo haters" are free to do so just as you are free to swing from his sack. By your logic, if Luongo is actually traded anywhere and becomes a complete fall-down (no belly flop pun intended) all the "luongo haters" should be shoving that down the throats of the Luongo nut-huggers? Imo, the day he no longer plays for the Canucks is the day I personally quit caring. Management makes the moves and decisions, not CDC. So whoever dresses for us between the pipes next year I will certainly support, even if it is Lu. After all....it's canucks fo life........right?

Luongo is a playoff goalie. How could you possibly say he's not a Playoff Goalie?

Oh yeah, I guess you completely forgot him getting 2 Shutouts in the SCF, single-handedly shutting out the Hawks in Game 7, Out playing Pekka Rinne.

Yeah, he sucks.

....Statistics mean zip.Lou below average lost 2 games/Cory highest save % in league lost 2 games...A loss is a loss, oh but Cory didn't lose by as much....And this did precisely what for the team.

....It's funny you should make mention to the belly flop,I haven't heard 1 mention of the many belly flops used by both Brodeur and the goalie setting all the goaltending records in history ( Quick ) in last nights game.....by anyone. Of course it's not Luongo is it !

Yes if Luongo goes there he will put them in the playoffs aswell as save Burkies job.

I gotta say that I would be unhappy that they make the playoffs because then we wouldn't have a team to laugh at.

and when our team struggles we wouldn't be able to have that thought that "Well atleast we can make the Playoffs and we aren't as bad as Toronto"

And after talking to some clueless leaf fans alot of them would consider getting Luongo as, doing a favour for us by taking his contract off our hands. Oh well I would be happy for TO since there huge playoff slump would finally be over.

I think if Burke continues to add pieces they will get there. Luongo will definitely help them make the playoffs though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. Would be kind of mad and dissapointed in him though because he would of chosen the worst option because he will be severely critcized in Toronto just like he is/was in Vancouver.

I think if Burke continues to add pieces they will get there. Luongo will definitely help them make the playoffs though.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there. Would be kind of mad and dissapointed in him though because he would of chosen the worst option because he will be severely critcized in Toronto just like he is/was in Vancouver.

For Burke's sake, he has to get Luongo. When you look at it, the team on paper, looks a lot better since he has taken it over. He has made moves, some worked and some haven't. I think the main problem is how he has aquired some of those pieces. Here are the hits and misses.

Colby Armstrong - Great addition, just paid too much for him. Bad move.

Phil Kessel - Great addition, just mortgaged too much in draft picks. Salary is decent though. Unless Kessel re-signs with the Leafs after his contract is up, this trade was a complete bust.

Joffrey Lupul - Very questionable at the time. People were happy that he got rid of Beauchemin(, as he paid too much for him. However, Lupul was considered high risk at the time and his salary reflected that as well. If he puts together a second straight career year, this was a brilliant move by Burke.

Jake Gardiner - Another great throw-in the Beauchemin trade. Although I feel as though people are too quick to name him the next great defenseman, he certainly had a good first year. Good move.

Dion Phaneuf - Great move, and I hate Phaneuf. The only piece that they should have tried to keep out of that deal was Ian White, who has certainly blossomed into a very reliable top 4. However, Burke fleeced Calgary on this deal. The only problem is the salary. It's not up to Burke to make him captain, that needs to change as well. Otherwise, it was a good move.

Mike Komisarek - Absolutely atrocious signing. I liked Komisarek in Montreal, but even I felt on July 1st that Burke overpaid for him. Horrible, horrible signing.

Kris Versteeg - I love Versteeg, and he was a Jets killer this last season. However, Burke gave up too much in this lopsided trade. However, Burke did manage to get a first round selection out of the Flyers for him, so not too bad.

Tomas Kaberle - Not too sure what Colborne will turn into, but he also managed to get a first and a second rounder out of this trade. Definitely a win for Burke on this one.

Probably some more trades and signings. But all in all, the players he has added should have made the team better, as they look better on paper. However, it is how these players have been aquired (salary) and handled that has come into question.

I don't want Luongo going to Toronto because I'm a fan of Luongo. If he had to leave, I'd want him to win a Cup (but the Canucks would win as well) or go somewhere like Tampa or the Panthers where his family is nearby. I know they're not really in the sweepstakes, but just saying. I'd hate for Toronto to get Luongo. I hate the Leafs (mainly 'cause I have friends that are cocky Leafs fans).

Archived