307mg00.jpg

#2 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I'm too good at FIFA. This one will be better and so will I.

On a side-note: You've finally made a valuable post on this forum Vintage ;)

#3 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

Haven't bought a Fifa game since 08', just cause I got bored of it. Have played bits afterwards here and there with friends, but haven't played enough to get good.....finally gonna get this just to shutup my friend who's top 150 in the world....I got a month to practise after I get it and then we play B)

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#4 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Maybe I will finally buy FIFA this year.
Posted Image

#5 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

I play FIFA 12 a lot with friends. I've got a good record online too, but the online play annoys me a lot of the time.

#6 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

I play FIFA more than NHL. Been playing Pro Ranked lately but that's full of small, afro-haired strikers who try to do it all themselves. Accompany that with unreal goalies(or really, really bad, 5'1 strikers playing net) and people who can't play/refuse to play midfield, and the experience is ruined pretty fast.

UT frustrates the hell out of me with all the kids who score sweaty goals but I'm pretty good in my own right(27-0-5). Pro Clubs is fun but no team for me as of now. And Manager Mode has corrupt rosters for me and I don't want to play with Taiwo still on Milan, Cisse not on Newcastle, etc.

FIFA 13 should be great though.

#7 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Haven't played FIFA in years.... What pisses me off is they put France or Italy in the NHL series but they can't put Canada in FIFA.

#8 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Haven't played FIFA in years.... What pisses me off is they put France or Italy in the NHL series but they can't put Canada in FIFA.

Might have something to do with legal rights and money. I know EA couldn't license all the teams in their Euro add-on for FIFA 12, stating financial reasons.

Canadian players are in the game though with their club teams.

Edited by Alain Vigneault, 11 June 2012 - 04:31 PM.

#9 Bob Singh

Bob Singh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Is this game on pc
Posted Image
Credit for "Great Save Luongo" sig goes to -Vintage Canuck-
Credit for Olympic sig goes to Motzaburger.

#10 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Keeping it real

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Is this game on pc

Yup.

#11 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

I've never bought a FIFA game before
I think I will buy FIFA 13 because I've played other FIFA games and they seemed pretty fun
Also, I have NHL, NBA, MLB, so why not get FIFA? Now I need Madden to complete the set

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#12 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Have you looked where Canada is ranked lately? In the soccer world there really is no Canada.
Posted Image

#13 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Have you looked where Canada is ranked lately? In the soccer world there really is no Canada.

But that Japan ice hockey team is a powerhouse though right? They don't even use the real Jersey's or players in NHL12(aside from the NHL players) so why can't they do the same for Canada with FIFA. Then add something like a National Program Dynasty Mode, and there you go.

#14 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:26 AM

But that Japan ice hockey team is a powerhouse though right? They don't even use the real Jersey's or players in NHL12(aside from the NHL players) so why can't they do the same for Canada with FIFA. Then add something like a National Program Dynasty Mode, and there you go.

Who cares, why would you use Japan in NHL or Canada in fifa lol.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#15 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Who cares, why would you use Japan in NHL or Canada in fifa lol.

This guy is a winner.
Posted Image

#16 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

The FIFA series generally has a better soundtrack than the NHL series. The custom soundtrack option has eliminated the use of a built-in soundtrack, however.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#17 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

At what point will they re-name FIFA 13 to UEFA 13... Isn't that what runs everything nowadays? I know nothing about soccer... Just wondering.

The FIFA series generally has a better soundtrack than the NHL series. The custom soundtrack option has eliminated the use of a built-in soundtrack, however.

Well... It depends on preference. NHL is gonna have more rock music. FIFA would have more international pop-dance music.

Edited by SukhKular, 26 June 2012 - 12:41 PM.

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#18 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

At what point will they re-name FIFA 13 to UEFA 13... Isn't that what runs everything nowadays? I know nothing about soccer... Just wondering.

Well... It depends on preference. NHL is gonna have more rock music. FIFA would have more international pop-dance music.

UEFA = Union of European Football Associations

FIFA = Federation Internationale de Football Association

So FIFA is the correct term :P

I'll be buying this around September, so if anyone wants a game then PM me. I play as Dortmund or Bilbao.

#19 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

That is true. I did enjoy NHL 08's soundtrack, though, as well as a few of the 09 tracks. I haven't listened to the built-in soundtrack since then.

Edited by WeatherWise, 26 June 2012 - 03:24 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#20 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

UEFA = Union of European Football Associations

FIFA = Federation Internationale de Football Association

So FIFA is the correct term :P

I'll be buying this around September, so if anyone wants a game then PM me. I play as Dortmund or Bilbao.

Makes sense! I've always wondered. So is the World Cup the FIFA World Cup?

That is true. I did enjoy NHL 08's soundtrack, though, as well as a few of the 09 tracks. I haven't listened to the built-in soundtrack since then.

I've added my own music since I got PS3, but I still let it mix in the EA Trax or whatever. There's always 2 or 3 really catchy songs on it.

...And when the hope's gone the weight falls on me...

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#21 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,812 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

Makes sense! I've always wondered. So is the World Cup the FIFA World Cup?

Yeah. FIFA World Cup and UEFA Euros.

#22 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I liked FIFA 12 this one looks even better :P

#23 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Read a few articles that you can manage national teams in manager mode, cap for your country in Be A Pro and participate in the Euros, World Cup, Confederations, etc. I think I read that you can swap players(think Ibra for Eto'o) so that may be something to consider for Manager mode.

#24 canucks3322

canucks3322

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Read a few articles that you can manage national teams in manager mode, cap for your country in Be A Pro and participate in the Euros, World Cup, Confederations, etc. I think I read that you can swap players(think Ibra for Eto'o) so that may be something to consider for Manager mode.

do you know if Canada will be in the game or not?

#25 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

‘FIFA 13’ confirmed for Wii U, exclusive features revealed
AUGUST 1, 2012 BY: MATT FURTADO
Posted Image

It was reported early Wednesday morning that EA Sports’ “FIFA 13” will be coming to Wii U later year and bringing exclusive game features that make use of the Wii U Game Pad in unique and exciting ways. In the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, they have an exclusive first-look at “FIFA 13” for Wii U and today details from the article have surfaced.
According to Matt Prior, Producer of “FIFA 13”, the Wii U version of “FIFA 13” will look the best when it sees release, however, the way the title uses the GamePad will really set it apart from the other versions as it demonstrates how theNintendo Wii U can deliver a fresh look at the sports genre.
Players can tackle, pass, shoot, take free kicks, and penalty shots using the GamePad’s touch-screen – likely similar to how “FIFA Soccer” played on PlayStation Vita. In addition, you can also look over stats, make decisions in real-time, and motivate your team with a half-time talk.
Official Nintendo Magazine detailed six ways the GamePad is used in “FIFA 13”.
Touchscreen tackling

FIFA 13 Wii U makes it easy for players to switch between defenders as you can take control of a player by tapping on him on the Wii U GamePad's touchscreen. You can then tap on the attacking player, either to man mark him or tackle.
In many games, switching between players is done automatically, so this gives you an extra level of control. You could imagine the man marking tactics being useful when defending against top class players such as Ronaldo and Messi.

Touchscreen passing

You are able to choose exactly where you want to aim the ball thanks to Touchscreen shooting. Shaking the controller or pressing L3 (clicking the left analogue stick) brings up an image of the goal on the screen and then you simply tap on the position you want to place your shot on the goal.
This will make shooting more accurate and realistic than ever before as rather than pressing a direction with the analogue stick or D-Pad, you are now able to enjoy precision shooting by blasting the ball exactly where you want to.

Touchscreen shooting

You are able to choose exactly where you want to aim the ball thanks to Touchscreen shooting. Shaking the controller or pressing L3 (clicking the left analogue stick) brings up an image of the goal on the screen and then you simply tap on the position you want to place your shot on the goal.
This will make shooting more accurate and realistic than ever before as rather than pressing a direction with the analogue stick or D-Pad, you are now able to enjoy precision shooting by blasting the ball exactly where you want to.

Manager Hub

Anyone who follows football will know how important starts are in modern football. We are bombarded with possession, assists and shots on target stats in the media while managers even use Prozone stats to analyse how their own players are performing.
So, FIFA 13 Wii U promises to make it easier than ever before to analyse stats and make managerial decisions in the Manager Hub. You can tap on any player in your team to get full statistical analysis. You can also see where shots are being taken from and it will help you decide who to man mark.

New Free Kick and Penalty System

You already know that you can shoot using the Touchscreen so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you can take free kicks with the GamePad. However, it's not simply a case of tapping on the screen to place your free kick.
Instead, you lift up your GamePad and look through the screen to aim the ball, before putting curve on the ball and shooting. Basically, you are seeing it from the free kick taker's perspective and you can move the GamePad around to see where your players are positioned; this should come in handy when you're taking a free kick from a wide position and are looking to cross the ball into the box.

Manage the Match on the GamePad

As already mentioned, you can analyse the match by looking at the match stats on the GamePad but you can also adjust tactics on the screen when playing as the manager.
You can also make half-time team talks to motivate key players. You can choose to manage the team like this in all of the main game modes and intervene if things aren't going well.

http://www.examiner....atures-revealed

the editor didn't really say how touchscreen passing would work, instead he explained touchscreen shooting, twice, but i would imagine you tap the area of the pitch where you want the ball to go to pass it there. this might actually get me to pick up fifa again, as I haven't played it in years. i espescially love the free kick and shooting, as that was always my main issue (not being able to shoot it to the correct part of the net).

#26 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

The soundtrack is dreadful this year. Who listens to that rubbish?

#27 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

When does the demo come out?

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#28 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

When does the demo come out?

Tuesday. Can't wait - I didn't get FIFA 12 so really want to practice on the new skills system.

Edited by Azzy Mahmood, 08 September 2012 - 11:05 AM.

#29 Not Alain Vigneault

Not Alain Vigneault

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

Shame they'll be letting everyone start off with Messi for FUT.

#30 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Shame they'll be letting everyone start off with Messi for FUT.

Is that for definite? I'd never play him, what a waste of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.