The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FIFA 13

Read a few articles that you can manage national teams in manager mode, cap for your country in Be A Pro and participate in the Euros, World Cup, Confederations, etc. I think I read that you can swap players(think Ibra for Eto'o) so that may be something to consider for Manager mode.

Read a few articles that you can manage national teams in manager mode, cap for your country in Be A Pro and participate in the Euros, World Cup, Confederations, etc. I think I read that you can swap players(think Ibra for Eto'o) so that may be something to consider for Manager mode.

‘FIFA 13’ confirmed for Wii U, exclusive features revealed

AUGUST 1, 2012 BY: MATT FURTADO

e5b5ede902ca41cac30d8fd6d7467e40.jpg

It was reported early Wednesday morning that EA Sports’ “FIFA 13” will be coming to Wii U later year and bringing exclusive game features that make use of the Wii U Game Pad in unique and exciting ways. In the new issue of Official Nintendo Magazine, they have an exclusive first-look at “FIFA 13” for Wii U and today details from the article have surfaced.

According to Matt Prior, Producer of “FIFA 13”, the Wii U version of “FIFA 13” will look the best when it sees release, however, the way the title uses the GamePad will really set it apart from the other versions as it demonstrates how theNintendo Wii U can deliver a fresh look at the sports genre.

Players can tackle, pass, shoot, take free kicks, and penalty shots using the GamePad’s touch-screen – likely similar to how “FIFA Soccer” played on PlayStation Vita. In addition, you can also look over stats, make decisions in real-time, and motivate your team with a half-time talk.

Official Nintendo Magazine detailed six ways the GamePad is used in “FIFA 13”.

Touchscreen tackling

FIFA 13 Wii U makes it easy for players to switch between defenders as you can take control of a player by tapping on him on the Wii U GamePad's touchscreen. You can then tap on the attacking player, either to man mark him or tackle.

In many games, switching between players is done automatically, so this gives you an extra level of control. You could imagine the man marking tactics being useful when defending against top class players such as Ronaldo and Messi.

Touchscreen passing

You are able to choose exactly where you want to aim the ball thanks to Touchscreen shooting. Shaking the controller or pressing L3 (clicking the left analogue stick) brings up an image of the goal on the screen and then you simply tap on the position you want to place your shot on the goal.

This will make shooting more accurate and realistic than ever before as rather than pressing a direction with the analogue stick or D-Pad, you are now able to enjoy precision shooting by blasting the ball exactly where you want to.

Touchscreen shooting

You are able to choose exactly where you want to aim the ball thanks to Touchscreen shooting. Shaking the controller or pressing L3 (clicking the left analogue stick) brings up an image of the goal on the screen and then you simply tap on the position you want to place your shot on the goal.

This will make shooting more accurate and realistic than ever before as rather than pressing a direction with the analogue stick or D-Pad, you are now able to enjoy precision shooting by blasting the ball exactly where you want to.

Manager Hub

Anyone who follows football will know how important starts are in modern football. We are bombarded with possession, assists and shots on target stats in the media while managers even use Prozone stats to analyse how their own players are performing.

So, FIFA 13 Wii U promises to make it easier than ever before to analyse stats and make managerial decisions in the Manager Hub. You can tap on any player in your team to get full statistical analysis. You can also see where shots are being taken from and it will help you decide who to man mark.

New Free Kick and Penalty System

You already know that you can shoot using the Touchscreen so it shouldn't come as a surprise that you can take free kicks with the GamePad. However, it's not simply a case of tapping on the screen to place your free kick.

Instead, you lift up your GamePad and look through the screen to aim the ball, before putting curve on the ball and shooting. Basically, you are seeing it from the free kick taker's perspective and you can move the GamePad around to see where your players are positioned; this should come in handy when you're taking a free kick from a wide position and are looking to cross the ball into the box.

Manage the Match on the GamePad

As already mentioned, you can analyse the match by looking at the match stats on the GamePad but you can also adjust tactics on the screen when playing as the manager.

You can also make half-time team talks to motivate key players. You can choose to manage the team like this in all of the main game modes and intervene if things aren't going well.

• 1 month later...

Well you get a choice of Benzema, Messi, Hart, Marchisio and I believe Pique.

Those who play FUT know that all 4 of those players combined, don't even make up the worth of Messi. Easy choice basically

Really hoping it's fake, but I saw it on a video. Maybe it's a favourite player thing?

So who has played the demo? I found it pretty good - but the commentary is poor.

First off, is that Alan Smith doing co-commentary? He's dreadful. Second, they mentioned 'the defender/midfielder/striker on the bench' who they are 'good friends with' and who wants to 'prove themselves after being put on the transfer list' THREE TIMES per GAME. And it's only 3min halves or something.

Overall though, I liked it. Dortmund are pretty good. Van Persie at Arsenal...and he's not that good.

Also, I've come from Fifa 11, where you hold the b button to get a teammate to help track back. How do you do that now?

So who has played the demo? I found it pretty good - but the commentary is poor.

First off, is that Alan Smith doing co-commentary? He's dreadful. Second, they mentioned 'the defender/midfielder/striker on the bench' who they are 'good friends with' and who wants to 'prove themselves after being put on the transfer list' THREE TIMES per GAME. And it's only 3min halves or something.

Overall though, I liked it. Dortmund are pretty good. Van Persie at Arsenal...and he's not that good.

Also, I've come from Fifa 11, where you hold the b button to get a teammate to help track back. How do you do that now?

So RVP has been removed from the demo, and...Giroud is much better! I managed to lose 3-2 to Arsenal with Man City, and he scored two scorchers while setting up t'other for Podolski. Aguero is a beast.

One thing I don't like is how when the opposition attacks, their forwards have loads of room and their midfield breaks forward as a unit. I'm yet to find the right toggling of tactics that will let my lot do the same - I'm left with shots from range or deflections.

I like how it's much more difficult to score from crosses / corners.

Archived