The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man assaults barista because Starbucks out of cream

Buggernut

Man assaults barista because Starbucks out of cream

Police searching for Vancouver Island man after Abbotsford incident

By Rochelle Baker, Abbotsford Times June 6, 2012

A B.C. man is wanted by police after becoming enraged when Starbucks ran out of cream.

Abbotsford Police are on the hunt for a man who assaulted and threatened a Starbucks barista because the outlet didn’t have cream for his coffee.

Const. Ian MacDonald said a man ordered a beverage at the Starbucks on Sumas Way around 6 p.m. on Wednesday night. When the female employee told him there was no cream, he began yelling and swearing.

“To him, this is absolutely unacceptable,” said MacDonald. “He gets in her face and yells at her, and punctuates it with throwing water in her face.”

The suspect, a Caucasian man in his 40s, stomped out of the store and drove away in his blue Ford pickup truck.

The truck’s licence plate was obtained and the registered owner’s address is located on Vancouver Island, said MacDonald.

The APD will work with the appropriate police agency to pursue charges of assault and uttering threats, he said. Investigators plan to confirm the identity of the suspect by reviewing surveillance video from the Starbucks and surrounding businesses.

The barista involved was frightened and badly shaken by the incident, said MacDonald.

The suspect’s reaction was so excessive that it posed further concern for police.

“If a cup of coffee sets him off to this degree, can you image what would happen if something of real consequence occurs?” MacDonald asked. “He got in a truck and probably got onto the highway. What if someone changes lanes in front of him or something?”

Click here to read more stories from The Abbotsford Times.

© Copyright © The Vancouver Sun

http://www.vancouver...8210/story.html

OMG did he throw water on her face??!! And he was swearing too????

ASSAULT ASSAULT WHAT A MONSTER

This is what we are, as a society, now?

Never mind an article, this isn't even worth a call to the police.

So the three of you find it perfectly acceptable that a 40 year old man can throw a temper tantrum, getting in the face of a woman, throwing water at her (fortunately it was water he reached for instead of a hot cup of coffee) while swearing and yelling at her, physically intimidating her because there is no cream in the building yet have no consequences for his behavior. Hmmm, says an awful lot about you if you do and I feel sorry for any woman involved in any way, shape or form in your life.

Childish behavior condoned by children.

I shouldn't be surprised really, but I bet you'd feel differently if it were your sister, your mother, your girlfriend or wife on the receiving end of such behavior. Or maybe not, if you consider this man's actions acceptable and non-consequence worthy.

So the three of you find it perfectly acceptable that a 40 year old man can throw a temper tantrum, getting in the face of a woman, throwing water at her (fortunately it was water he reached for instead of a hot cup of coffee) while swearing and yelling at her, physically intimidating her because there is no cream in the building yet have no consequences for his behavior. Hmmm, says an awful lot about you if you do and I feel sorry for any woman involved in any way, shape or form in your life.

Childish behavior condoned by children.

I shouldn't be surprised really, but I bet you'd feel differently if it were your sister, your mother, your girlfriend or wife on the receiving end of such behavior. Or maybe not, if you consider this man's actions acceptable and non-consequence worthy.

Archived