The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man assaults barista because Starbucks out of cream

Buggernut

would've found it more acceptable if it was done in the morning... and by a spoiled kid who didn't sleep the last night; a 40-year-old man? for running out of cream?

with his temper who knows? maybe he had high blood pressure already from overly stressing himself over small things like these, and she could've saved his heart the extra work or maybe even delayed a trip for his arteries to the hospital for not having cream.

Bert B said it best:

So the three of you find it perfectly acceptable that a 40 year old man can throw a temper tantrum, getting in the face of a woman, throwing water at her (fortunately it was water he reached for instead of a hot cup of coffee) while swearing and yelling at her, physically intimidating her because there is no cream in the building yet have no consequences for his behavior. Hmmm, says an awful lot about you if you do and I feel sorry for any woman involved in any way, shape or form in your life.

Childish behavior condoned by children.

I shouldn't be surprised really, but I bet you'd feel differently if it were your sister, your mother, your girlfriend or wife on the receiving end of such behavior. Or maybe not, if you consider this man's actions acceptable and non-consequence worthy.

Wow some of u actually think throwing water in people's face is funny? How do u know it's just water? It's a form of biological attack. If a stranger throws what I believe is just water When it could actually have some disease in it as well. And then get into my eyes or open wound. That's why spitting is assault for the same reason. In fact charging up to someone aggressively and swearing or yelling is also assault. Try doing that to an officer and see how they react. Use your head.

Honestly, this is not newsworthy.

One day, during work, a customer was pissed off at how he wasn't being served and that he waited for a long _______ time. He called my co-worker a __________ prick, claimed that my co-worker looked at him twice and ignored him. He was saying some other crap too - yes, he drove a pickup. Anyhow, my co-worker kept calm and figured out a way to make him happy and it became a non-issue.

I'm not saying that she deserved getting yelled at - absolutely not. It is wrong and out of line but this is indeed a waste of police resources.

Totally unacceptable, if that happened to me I would be shaken too, some random person raging over something so petty as cream. I'm pretty sure some of the above posters say something and when they get raged at they would freak too. All talk but no walk. That is assault, what if the water was hot which it probably was, lets see how you take it.

Seriously, this sort of thing is common in bars and nothing much is ever done about it. I doubt that the police would be too interested in this, even if they were able to find this guy.

Most likely, he won't be welcome in that particular establishment again.

Archived