Posted Image

#32 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,689 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

I watched the first season on a dare... had no desire to ever turn it on again.

#33 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

YEEEAAAHH BUDDY.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#34 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I liked the show, was pretty entertaining to watch. If that article is true then I will probably stop watching Jersey Shore after the upcoming season.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,630 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

THANK-YOU!

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#36 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

Back when everyone started talking about this show here on CDC, I made a point of watching it at least twice before expounding on my opinion of this show so nobody could suggest I didn't know what I was talking about. As I started to feel the brain cells dying 1/2 way through the first show.....I thought it was enough but no.....in the interest of being able to legitimately say I'd watched at least one episode, I persevered til the closing credits while clutching an Air Canada barf bag.

There is a lot of trashy stuff on television today and at one point or another, I've managed to catch at least part of those shows just to be able to have an 'educated' opinion about them. Jersey Shore is without a doubt, the most mind-numbing, brain-cell-killing load of crap that has ever had the misfortune of being aired on television. That it has even lasted this long is mind-boggling and makes one believe that this show was only aired to cater to the lowest denomination of television viewers - the slack-jawed, IQ-challenged, unable to differentiate between the letters of MENSA and GTL , droolers who think these Jersey girls and boys are role models to be emulated.....

There was nothing even remotely humorous, life affirming or even interesting about the stuff going on in the show and after awhile, ( a generous 5.8 minutes), even the shock value and "I can't ****#@!****%$ believe what I'm seeing" wore thin.

Glad it's going to be gone, good riddance to ba-a-a-a-d rubbish.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 07 June 2012 - 04:29 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#37 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Back when everyone started talking about this show here on CDC, I made a point of watching it at least twice before expounding on my opinion of this show so nobody could suggest I didn't know what I was talking about. As I started to feel the brain cells dying 1/2 way through the first show.....I thought it was enough but no.....in the interest of being able to legitimately say I'd watched at least one episode, I persevered til the closing credits while clutching an Air Canada barf bag.

There is a lot of trashy stuff on television today and at one point or another, I've managed to catch at least part of those shows just to be able to have an 'educated' opinion about them. Jersey Shore is without a doubt, the most mind-numbing, brain-cell-killing load of crap that has ever had the misfortune of being aired on television. That it has even lasted this long is mind-boggling and makes one believe that this show was only aired to cater to the lowest denomination of television viewers - the slack-jawed, IQ-challenged, unable to differentiate between the letters of MENSA and GTL , droolers who think these Jersey girls and boys are role models to be emulated.....

There was nothing even remotely humorous, life affirming or even interesting about the stuff going on in the show and after awhile, ( a generous 5.8 minutes), even the shock value and "I can't ****#@!****%$ believe what I'm seeing" wore thin.

Glad it's going to be gone, good riddance to ba-a-a-a-d rubbish.

That's your opinion.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

That's your opinion.

Indeed it is.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#39 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

Seriously, take any group of party loving middle class people between 20-30 years of age (they don't have to be Italian) and you get something similar to Jersey Shore.

What are you expecting? For them to have intellectual conversations on current affairs?

Aside from the studying, their lifestyle at the Jersey Shore is not a whole lot different from that of a university dormitory.
Posted Image

#40 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

Seriously, take any group of party loving middle class people between 20-30 years of age (they don't have to be Italian) and you get something similar to Jersey Shore.

What are you expecting? For them to have intellectual conversations on current affairs?

Aside from the studying, their lifestyle at the Jersey Shore is not a whole lot different from that of a university dormitory.

not to mention you throw in no responsibility, money, and semi fame into the mix. I also suspect MTV threw a few "ideas" into their lives to create ratings. Time will really tell how they are as people. The show has basically set them all up for life if they are smart about it.

I think that's what people hate the most. A couple of them at most should be flipping burgers, but instead they are potential millionaires.

#41 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

props to all the jersey shore crew they killed it got paid to party,bang chicks,get drunk. Who wouldn't want that !
Posted Image

#42 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

not to mention you throw in no responsibility, money, and semi fame into the mix. I also suspect MTV threw a few "ideas" into their lives to create ratings. Time will really tell how they are as people. The show has basically set them all up for life if they are smart about it.

I think that's what people hate the most. A couple of them at most should be flipping burgers, but instead they are potential millionaires.

Aw yeah the money of course, I guess I should change middle class to upper class. In the first season, it wasn't so lavish.

Well, I have no idea how the girls, Mike and Ronnie will fair after this. Pauly D is a pretty talented DJ so he should do alright since he actually has some talent. Vinny, the most sane of them all is fairly intelligent and got accepted into Law School.

Most of them have at least made a million or more from the show and endorsements. If they hire a financial planner, and heed the planner's advice they should be alright but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them go the route of former NBA stars.
Posted Image

#43 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,855 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

Aw yeah the money of course, I guess I should change middle class to upper class. In the first season, it wasn't so lavish.

Well, I have no idea how the girls, Mike and Ronnie will fair after this. Pauly D is a pretty talented DJ so he should do alright since he actually has some talent. Vinny, the most sane of them all is fairly intelligent and got accepted into Law School.

Most of them have at least made a million or more from the show and endorsements. If they hire a financial planner, and heed the planner's advice they should be alright but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them go the route of former NBA stars.

Interesting site that has their net worth: http://www.celebrity...l/jersey-shore/

They all seem to have their hands in the cookie jar with endorsements and product lines. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main reasons to end it with this cast now is the spin offs that they now have from this cast and future shows with them being involved

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 07 June 2012 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.