The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Saw a Luongo to Philly proposal

To Philly: Luongo, Ballard

To Van: Van Riemsdyk, Bryzgalov

Why Vancouver likes this trade: They get the big top 6 forward they desperately need without giving up anything we need, even after a tough year for JVR the skill and character he would bring to the Canucks would be huge. This is a big game player, another thing we desperately need. Might have to add Raymond +

Why Philly likes this trade: Philly knows Lu is a fantastic fit for their style and clearly Bryz isn't. They also add a great puck mover in ballard who's also more suited to the wide open Philly style. Philly is also absolutely stacked at forward for the next decade and won't miss JVR at all.

Other keys to why this trade could go down:

-The salaries are almost a wash

-Gillis likes reclamation projects and could no doubt rebuild Bryz's value and trade him for further assets

-Bryz was extremely successful in Phoenix's defenisve system which is a lot like vancouvers

-We need a goalie that can play 20-30 games behind Schneids

-We know we have to take a big contract back to get anyone good, Bryz is better than any i've heard so far.

Then who and what would we flip Bryz to and for? What about Bryz, Booth, Connauton, Rodin, 1st, 2nd, 2nd for Nash?

Sedin - Sedin - Nash

JVR - Kesler - Huselius (UFA signing)

Burrows - Pahlsson - Higgins

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison (UFA signing)

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Allen (UFA signing)

Schneider

Lack

I don't know who we'd flip Bryz for, but the point is we can. We know we're taking an underperforming player on a big contract back for Lu. Bryz is better than any i've heard mentioned so far. Gillis could absolutely work his magic and flip him for something we need.

Archived