The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver - Florida

Hi.

I discussed this with a few people after seeing that Florida has good interest in Luongo. They said it would be a stretch but would help both teams in the long run.

To FLA: Roberto Luongo & Jordan Schroeder

To VAN: Jonathan Huberdeau & Shawn Matthias

Is there anything else that we should add if we wanted Huberdeau?

- Luongo & Theodore can hold fort for 1 year, then Markstrom would work as a tandem with Luongo (like Luongo & Schneider) for 1-2 years, then they can go from there who is better for them in the long run.

- Huberdeau is a C/LW and he's also considered a playmaker. He would be good with Kesler and Booth on the 2nd line. If we were able to trade for him, would he be ready for NHL level competition?

Bjugstad,Petrovic Howden. Bjugstad and Howden would anchor a great third line.big,fast,physical great defensively. They would probably top our prospect list.then Florida gets to keep there best young d goalie and forward and their first rounder.If we could add Boone Jenner the third line would be awesome.Howden-Bjugstad-Jenner

I think Huberdeau is a possibility, but we might have to overpay. How about we swap roster players for some prospects and go

To FLA-Luongo,Raymond,Schroeder

To VAN-Matthias,Howden,Jenner

***Sign Garrison,Moen and Huselius

Assume Jenner won't be ready for this season, but plays with Jensen and Kassian in the minors :)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Huselius

Higgins-Matthias-Howden

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen/Manny

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Salo

Connauton

Schneider

Lack

This line-up gives us youth,speed,size and skill all roled into one. And includes notable call-ups for injuries like Jensen,Jenner,Kassian, etc :)

I think Huberdeau is a possibility, but we might have to overpay. How about we swap roster players for some prospects and go

To FLA-Luongo,Raymond,Schroeder

To VAN-Matthias,Howden,Jenner

***Sign Garrison,Moen and Huselius

Assume Jenner won't be ready for this season, but plays with Jensen and Kassian in the minors :)

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Huselius

Higgins-Matthias-Howden

Moen-Lapierre-Hansen/Manny

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Tanev-Salo

Connauton

Schneider

Lack

This line-up gives us youth,speed,size and skill all roled into one. And includes notable call-ups for injuries like Jensen,Jenner,Kassian, etc :)

It is likely that Florida will keep Theodore next year with Markstrom as the backup, then let Markstrom take over after that. Therefore I really doubt they would want Luongo and might want Schneider but still not likely.

If we were to target Huberdeau or Gudbranson, we would have to trade Kesler IMO.

Kesler, Gragnani to Florida for Huberdeau, Gudbranson

It is likely that Florida will keep Theodore next year with Markstrom as the backup, then let Markstrom take over after that. Therefore I really doubt they would want Luongo and might want Schneider but still not likely.

If we were to target Huberdeau or Gudbranson, we would have to trade Kesler IMO.

Kesler, Gragnani to Florida for Huberdeau, Gudbranson

Archived