The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour]TO looking to get the first overall pick

Burke will probably make a move to acquire both of TBL's first round picks, Reimer+Schenn+2nd trade both TBL picks+MacArthur to MTL for 4th overall because MTL is willing to move down in the draft because they feel a player they want will be available later.

At this point TOR will have the 3rd and 5th overall picks. Burke then trades the 5th picks + Komisarek to NYI for their 4th overall pick because NYI is interested in getting a defender between 28-32 to help on the backend and help reaching the cap floor. They now have the 3rd+4th.

Toronto trades the 4th overall pick+Kulemin to CBJ for their 2nd overall. At this point Burke can talk to tambellini to see if he will draft Yakupov, if not then he can draft Yakupov and Galchenyuk 2+3 if not, Toronto can trade their 3rd overall to EDM for their 1st with a promise not to draft Murray and a 3rd.

Obviously all this is ridiculous and I dont have values correct but it was fun to think like Burke.

its hard to say.. after all burke is the one who got us both sedins.. if he can manage to get 2nd and 3rd overall pick i am pretty sure he can pull some trick out of his hat and get another top pick in this draft..

I think it is doable

All burke has to do is acquire the 2nd overall pick from the blue jacket

then trade the 2nd overall pick to oilers along with prospects for the first overall pick

I would imagine it smth like this

To Columbus

Reimer + MacArthur + Colborne + Schenn

To Toronto

2nd Overall pick + Mason

To Edminton

2nd Overall pick + Gardiner + 2nd round pick

To Toronto

First overall pick

Archived