The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2013 Canuck roster

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Alexander Semin ($7.100m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexander Radulov ($5.503m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Jordan Schroeder ($1.025m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($...1.350m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.525m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Marc-Andre Gragnani ($0.605m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.960m)

Trades:

Schneider,Malhotra,Alberts for Luke Schenn, 1st round draft pick 2013

Canucks 1st+4th round draft pick for rights for Alex Radulov

Sign Radulov for 5.5 M

Sign Semin for 7.1 M

Sign Eddie lack,Gragnani, and Ebbett

beast huh? and changes comment please.

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zach Parise ($6.500m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.350m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Byron Bitz ($0.700m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.660m)

Deal Schneider for something worth while, top 10 pick? And deal mayrays rights for a 4th round pick.

I'm just messing around don't take this seriously at all.

Hey guys, I see majority of you are putting kesler back with booth. From what I saw last season, it didn't pan out exactly the way everyone thought it would. Kesler and booth are the same style of player. They're both shoot first guys. It was very rare that we saw these two pass two each other unless they were set up in the zone. Anyhow, I say we split kesler and booth. I wouldn't really saw put him with the sedins cuz burrows is unreal on that line, but, it's worth a try I would say. And then put burr on the second line put burrows with kesler and sign parise. I would do my top 2 lines like this. Let me know what you think.

Just my opinion.

Sedin sedin booth

Kes. Parise. Burr

Again, as every year, the Canucks must get another 1C and a 1D in order to have any chance at the Cup moving forward.

Suter comes for free in terms of exchanged assets and could be an excellent place to look in order to finally seal the deal on defense. If not, then I'm perfectly confident the Canucks have the pieces to acquire Weber via trade. I will not speculate what it would take.

If the inevitable occurs and one of Schneider or Luongo is to go, then severely push for either Lecavalier, E. Staal, J. Staal, Thornton or Spezza: all are on mediocre teams that would seriously think at the opportunity of landing one of our EXCELLENT goaltenders.

Kesler is misused. He is the best third line center in the game. He thrives in being a pest against top lines and so does Burrows. Five million dollars for a third line center is a lot? Not winning the Cup costs millions more in playoff revenue.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

BOOTH - LECAVALIER/ E. STAAL/ J. STAAL/ THORNTON/ SPEZZA - DOAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - ________

WEBER/ SUTER - HAMHUIS

TANEV - BIEKSA

SALO - GRAGNANI

Alberts / Sauve

SCHNEIDER or LUONGO

Lack

Again, as every year, the Canucks must get another 1C and a 1D in order to have any chance at the Cup moving forward.

Suter comes for free in terms of exchanged assets and could be an excellent place to look in order to finally seal the deal on defense. If not, then I'm perfectly confident the Canucks have the pieces to acquire Weber via trade. I will not speculate what it would take.

If the inevitable occurs and one of Schneider or Luongo is to go, then severely push for either Lecavalier, E. Staal, J. Staal, Thornton or Spezza: all are on mediocre teams that would seriously think at the opportunity of landing one of our EXCELLENT goaltenders.

Kesler is misused. He is the best third line center in the game. He thrives in being a pest against top lines and so does Burrows. Five million dollars for a third line center is a lot? Not winning the Cup costs millions more in playoff revenue.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN

BOOTH - LECAVALIER/ E. STAAL/ J. STAAL/ THORNTON/ SPEZZA - DOAN

BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN

HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - ________

WEBER/ SUTER - HAMHUIS

TANEV - BIEKSA

SALO - GRAGNANI

Alberts / Sauve

SCHNEIDER or LUONGO

Lack

The defense issues are what is hurting the Canucks. Outside of Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Ballard, the rest of our defense is pretty soft.

Edler - Way to inconsistent, never drops the gloves or defends his team.

Salo - A jedi on defense, but once again not going to intimidate anyone......except for poor wittle Marchand.

Alberts - Can hit, but gets his ass kicked EVERY time he drops the gloves.

Rome - Can stay or go.

Tanev - Ice in his veins, but too young to really be intimidating.

If the Canucks go into next season with no change to defense and don't attempt to find a viable 1st-2nd line center and or wing, we won't make it out of round 1 again.

The goalie situation is another ball of wax. I think if Luongo had a truly great defense in front of him, he would have been hoisting a Cup already. But that's the thing. The dumbass Canucks fans will blame him for the problems this team faced.

We need to sign defenseman who will take the body, who have the size to make the opposing forwards pay for their mistake, and who will be team players bleeding blue and green. Someone runs Henrik or Daniel? That someone has a bullseye on their back.

We need to sign forwards who are above average skaters (both speed and manuverability) possess an accurate shot with force, and are willing to crash the net and team players standing up for their fellow Canucks.

We have some Bieksa, Burrows, Lapierre, Hansen, hell even Hank has begun to. I love the Canucks and have since I went to games with my dad at the PC. This team is near the best Canucks team in the 42 year history. A couple of trades and a couple of signings will ensure our destiny.

Otherwise if nothing happens or the trades are bunk, Gillis and Vigneault won't be here come June 2013.

Kesler + Schneider + Raymond traded for Johansen + Huselius

Kassian sent to the minors

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Huselius-Johansen-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Rome

Luongo

Lack

Archived