Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

2013 Canuck roster

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Again, as every year, the Canucks must get another 1C and a 1D in order to have any chance at the Cup moving forward.

Suter comes for free in terms of exchanged assets and could be an excellent place to look in order to finally seal the deal on defense. If not, then I'm perfectly confident the Canucks have the pieces to acquire Weber via trade. I will not speculate what it would take.

If the inevitable occurs and one of Schneider or Luongo is to go, then severely push for either Lecavalier, E. Staal, J. Staal, Thornton or Spezza: all are on mediocre teams that would seriously think at the opportunity of landing one of our EXCELLENT goaltenders.

Kesler is misused. He is the best third line center in the game. He thrives in being a pest against top lines and so does Burrows. Five million dollars for a third line center is a lot? Not winning the Cup costs millions more in playoff revenue.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN
BOOTH - LECAVALIER/ E. STAAL/ J. STAAL/ THORNTON/ SPEZZA - DOAN
BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN
HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - ________

WEBER/ SUTER - HAMHUIS
TANEV - BIEKSA
SALO - GRAGNANI
Alberts / Sauve

SCHNEIDER or LUONGO
Lack

Edited by GHL, 08 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Posted Image

#32 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Again, as every year, the Canucks must get another 1C and a 1D in order to have any chance at the Cup moving forward.

Suter comes for free in terms of exchanged assets and could be an excellent place to look in order to finally seal the deal on defense. If not, then I'm perfectly confident the Canucks have the pieces to acquire Weber via trade. I will not speculate what it would take.

If the inevitable occurs and one of Schneider or Luongo is to go, then severely push for either Lecavalier, E. Staal, J. Staal, Thornton or Spezza: all are on mediocre teams that would seriously think at the opportunity of landing one of our EXCELLENT goaltenders.

Kesler is misused. He is the best third line center in the game. He thrives in being a pest against top lines and so does Burrows. Five million dollars for a third line center is a lot? Not winning the Cup costs millions more in playoff revenue.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - KASSIAN
BOOTH - LECAVALIER/ E. STAAL/ J. STAAL/ THORNTON/ SPEZZA - DOAN
BURROWS - KESLER - HANSEN
HIGGINS - LAPIERRE - ________

WEBER/ SUTER - HAMHUIS
TANEV - BIEKSA
SALO - GRAGNANI
Alberts / Sauve

SCHNEIDER or LUONGO
Lack

Lecavalier - While still a decent player, not worth his +7 cap hit
E. Staal - Ward and his +6 cap hit say Hi. Also has +8 cap hit
J Staal - Fleury and now Vokoun say Hi
Thornton - Doubt they move him for goalie (if at all), but most plausible on list
Spezza - Anderson, Bishop, and Lehner all say Hello, plus Spezza had a bounce back year - doubt they try to move him now - especially if Alffy isn't coming back

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#33 VintageForever420

VintageForever420

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

Wrong forum. And $7.1 FOR SEMIN?!?!?!?!!? :picard:

If david jones can get 4 million semin can easily
Get 6.5 or more.

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

beast huh? and changes comment please.

No not beast.

We could get something better for Schneider and I would rather not blow 12 Mill on a self-first guys like Semin and Radulov, they aren't playoff players and that is way too much money for Semin.

Our defense is weak, even weaker than last years, and Hansen would not play on the 4th.

This doesn't put us any closer to the cup.

zackass.png

#35 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

The defense issues are what is hurting the Canucks. Outside of Hamhuis, Bieksa, and Ballard, the rest of our defense is pretty soft.

Edler - Way to inconsistent, never drops the gloves or defends his team.
Salo - A jedi on defense, but once again not going to intimidate anyone......except for poor wittle Marchand.
Alberts - Can hit, but gets his ass kicked EVERY time he drops the gloves.
Rome - Can stay or go.
Tanev - Ice in his veins, but too young to really be intimidating.

If the Canucks go into next season with no change to defense and don't attempt to find a viable 1st-2nd line center and or wing, we won't make it out of round 1 again.

The goalie situation is another ball of wax. I think if Luongo had a truly great defense in front of him, he would have been hoisting a Cup already. But that's the thing. The dumbass Canucks fans will blame him for the problems this team faced.

We need to sign defenseman who will take the body, who have the size to make the opposing forwards pay for their mistake, and who will be team players bleeding blue and green. Someone runs Henrik or Daniel? That someone has a bullseye on their back.

We need to sign forwards who are above average skaters (both speed and manuverability) possess an accurate shot with force, and are willing to crash the net and team players standing up for their fellow Canucks.

We have some Bieksa, Burrows, Lapierre, Hansen, hell even Hank has begun to. I love the Canucks and have since I went to games with my dad at the PC. This team is near the best Canucks team in the 42 year history. A couple of trades and a couple of signings will ensure our destiny.

Otherwise if nothing happens or the trades are bunk, Gillis and Vigneault won't be here come June 2013.

Edited by Canuck-a-nuck, 08 June 2012 - 11:14 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Paul_Kariya28

Paul_Kariya28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

Kesler + Schneider + Raymond traded for Johansen + Huselius
Kassian sent to the minors

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Huselius-Johansen-Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Rome

Luongo
Lack

Edited by Paul_Kariya28, 09 June 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#37 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Huselius-Johansen-Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Rome

Luongo
Lack

Huge Overpayment, Johansen is good but not worth that much because Huselius's rights aren't worth much since he is a UFA and probably won't re-sign, it would basicly be trading all that for just Johansen, which is a terrible deal.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 June 2012 - 05:07 PM.

zackass.png

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Huselius-Johansen-Booth
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Ballard-Rome

Luongo
Lack

So a #1 center, a young, beast of a goalie, for a player who has yet to prove himself and a pending UFA? :picard:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#39 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:05 PM

And I see you have changed your proposal, I would rather not go for an aging No Show Joe, and Lecaviler isn't really a star anymore, and that huge cap hit isn't worth it.

And Ottawa doesn't need a goaile, And Shane Doan won't leave the Yotes. This new one isn't much better

zackass.png

#40 Paul_Kariya28

Paul_Kariya28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

So a #1 center, a young, beast of a goalie, for a player who has yet to prove himself and a pending UFA? :picard:

You're a huge homer, what I see is a shutdown 3rd line center, a good young goalie, for a 4th overall pick with 1st line potential, and someone who's a first line forward when healthy.

#41 Paul_Kariya28

Paul_Kariya28

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

Kesler is the most glorified 3rd line center i've ever seen, he was awful this season and the playoffs.

Edited by Paul_Kariya28, 09 June 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#42 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

One of the best backchecking second lines in the leauge.
Posted Image

#43 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Kesler is the most glorified 3rd line center i've ever seen, he was awful this season and the playoffs.

I'm not a homer. You're just a blind moron. Kesler a 'glorified' third line center?????? Please...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#44 gwarrior

gwarrior

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

thank god you are not the GM!!!!!!!!! just giving 7.1 to semin reeks of having too much to drink! adding 5.3 for radulov, screams black out to me!!!!

#45 Ursel23

Ursel23

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

D. SEDIN H. SEDIN BURROWS
KESLER HUBERDEAU BOOTH
HIGGINS GAUSTAD HANSEN
LAPIERRE MALHOTRA KASSIAN

EDLER SUTER
BIEKSA HAMHUIS
TANEV SCHULTZ

SCHNEIDER
LACK

TRADES

TO VANCOUVER: HUBERDEAU
TO FLORIDA: LUONGO, BALLARD

SIGN SUTER. SCHULTZ AND GAUSTAD

#46 winterhawks

winterhawks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

ya we really need 2 players who couldn't care less about the team...we need heart and soul players
download (1)

Ottawa Senators GM

CDCGML 

#47 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Semin doesnt deserve more than 4 mill
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.