The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why I think people hate on Luongo.

Not A Fruit

Luongo is nothing more than a goalie mask full of hair gel.

Anyone who defends him has never played hockey

cause you would know how much of a momentum killer a week goal is.

Deep in that teams mind they lost faith in him

you can see the difference in the way they play in front of him vs Schneider.

well you can't cause you are a blindfolded luongo lover, but most people do.

AV put a inexperienced unproven goalie in the most important games of the year cause Luongo is an elite playoff performer?

or do you think AV has seen this story before.

Well Luongo came to Vancouver with immense hype surrounding him. He was regarded as probably the best goalie at the time which is why he was given that fat contract and was supposed to bring us the cup. When he did not deliver, all that pressure just collapsed on him and he became the whipping boy. With Schneider it's different because he is not regarded as the best goalie in the league and he does not have a gazillion dollar contract so the pressure is not nearly as great as it was for Luongo and he is not regarded as the saviour of the franchise.

I don't care if he is cocky.

I don't care what he did on the past.

All I know is his performance in the stanley cup final stabbed me in the heart thus, the name "Noheart"

I was his biggest fan, now I cant even stand the sight of him.

The team never scored? so to win... they would need like 9 goals a game in Boston?

Worst save % and GAA in a 7 game series, he shattered the old record.

I totally thought he finally got over the hump in chicago, I was so pumped.

As far as I'm concerned, he has accomplished nothing, he has never won a Vezina, Hart, or Cup.

Since the Ducks series

save % .903

GAA 2.97

in the playoffs

how do you people defend this guy?

he is the definition of CHOKE

Well...

Real reasons:

1. No kesler. Injured and inneffective

2. No Hamuis. Injured

3. No Malholtra. Injured probably never come back

4. No Rome - when plays a lot can be a good d ... Ahem... Av...

Lu was great 1,2,5.... But needed the team in the other games. With these injuries a lot of guys play out of position - it catches up to u.

We needed the Lu of one of the Dallas games though... But alas, that is gone.

Too beat up. Lu couldn't rescue us but it isn't his fault

Class act

The difference between Luongo fans and "haters"

We question Luongo's play, and we for the most part leave it at that

The people who defend him get personal and call us names like retard and idiot.

Its a free world boys and girls.

If I cant come on CDC and share my opinion for debate without a personal attack thats pretty sad.

I have cheered for this team since the Jets left Winnipeg, I have loved and hated a lot of players on this team.

That does not make me any less of a fan or does it degrade my hockey intelligence.

I will NEVER call someone an idiot for sharing ideas or opinions.

Actually I play hockey, i'm going to tommorow morning, and I defend Lu, so that statement is false.

And I think AV isn't a playoff coach, he should have started after Schneider lost, Schneids still did a solid job but still.

Yeah what a momentum killer it is, Like the one's Schneider let in with his bad puck handling against Chicago in game 6? See Schneids isn't perfect either, and if your really gunna pin us losing the cup on Lu, then you haven't played hockey (see I can do that too)

I don't know how you win a stanley cup if you can only score 8 goals in 7 games, regardless of how many goals Lu let in, we weren't gunna win it either way, sorry but we weren't it's the way it is. We would not have won.

No I agree with you man, you make a lot of sense

I was just trying to piss him off to be honest.

So, if you have played a high level of hockey than you can probably relate to how a bad goal or a lucky bounce, bone head penalty, someone getting rocked makes you lose your legs.

Thats all I am saying

Thats what may have happened, well IMO I believe it happened.

Luongo pushed the first domino with his incredibly weak play.

He played great all playoffs long last year, stole many games for us when our forwards werent competing. We were just too bruised and broken to play at a decent level against the Bruins cause of the rough series' we had been through, especially relative to the easy road the Bruins had. We didnt score enough, that was our problem! Thomas did have 2 shutouts in the finals, but many forget that Lu did too...

He played great all playoffs long last year, stole many games for us when our forwards werent competing. We were just too bruised and broken to play at a decent level against the Bruins cause of the rough series' we had been through, especially relative to the easy road the Bruins had. We didnt score enough, that was our problem! Thomas did have 2 shutouts in the finals, but many forget that Lu did too...

Fans here don't deserve a special elite player like Luongo. You think future star free agents won't think twice about coming here with how the fans threw Luo under the bus? Vancouver was becoming a hot destination for attraction free agents I won't be suprised to see that trend stop.

I think most of the people who hate on Luongo clearly don't remember Dan Cloutier. While Luongo has sometimes failed to bail out the team when they are playing poorly, Cloutier used to deflate the team when they where playing well (the 01-02 playoff series against Detroit was a prime example.) The only real game changing goalies the Canucks have had are the ones that have taken them to the finals.

Please tell me how any goalie is supposed to win a 7 game series when his team his averaging 1.14 goals a game i'd love to hear it. No question he sucked in the games in Boston but so did everyone else, Luongo's performances in games 1,2 and 5 were the only reason it even went 7. Especially games 1 and 5 where he got the 2 shutouts.

And in game 7 he could have only let in 1 goal and we still would have lost, kind of hard to win with a 0 on the board. Luongo is far from the reason we didn't win it last year

Archived