The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why I think people hate on Luongo.

Not A Fruit

During Halloween,I went for a walk with my Luongo Jersey had the Helmet everything good to go i ended up with so much hate it's unreal Grown men shouting at me "Luongo Sucks" "Buy a New Jersey" You would think this is a guy is a villian and not our Former captain i feel it's disgusting as fans that we treat one of our own players like this we all have ups and down during our careers we can't stay forever on top of our game. I mean this is a player who once in a CANUCKS JERSEY holds 8 Franchise records for us that is no easy achievement. As fans we should back off Luongo for a while and maybe he will get his Game back, As he won't feel the pressure as much You never know he might shock us all. :canucks:

Think about it People ! Hate Luongo? Pretty pathetic bunch! "He's Arrogant"? Where do you get that? If you'd CARE to look at his life, just a little, you'd see a pretty HUMBLE guy, Shy, intelligent, Caring, NICE. Lu has given us incredible Goal tending,he has shown incredible Heart for the game , love and Patience for his Fans, and a Great Community spirit for the City. If you find that so terrible , and hate him for that, then you have a REAL problem. You guys are certainly the minority, but to a guy , that has given you his all,it must be pretty perplexing, to say the least .I luv you LU, and I hope you forgive these Bozos, and stay.You and Cory are "The dynamic Duo". Go Canucks !

The Jennings is an NHL award genius since we are splitting hairs now. And by your logic MOST players in the NHL are garbage since most won't accomplish "anything" as you say. Many have retired without a Cup, they are definitely losers.

You seem to me like one of these people who craps on everyone and everything while having little to show for yourself. Who are you? What do you do? What have you done that is on par with winning something, anything, in the NHL? Do you save lives, do you cure people of disease? Do you save the innocent and put away the guilty? I am really curious what is your claim to fame.

If I had someone in my family who played in the NHL for that many years, had amazing career stats, and secured enough money to be set for life - I would be pretty proud. If it were me, my family would be proud as hell. I became a man, a good athlete, could support my own family and make sure my parents could retire without a care, also donate to charity, help out the community. Yes, a Cup would be icing on the cake, it's anyone's dream, but you seem to be so good at criticism, go put on some pads and take care of the job yourself. You seem quite capable. Every year there are 29 teams that are losers, most players on those teams have not won the cup, how many is that? All those losers who mean squat? That's a lot of trash.

Don't bother replying, I can no longer read anymore of your drivel.

Class act

The difference between Luongo fans and "haters"

We question Luongo's play, and we for the most part leave it at that

The people who defend him get personal and call us names like retard and idiot.

I will NEVER call someone an idiot for sharing ideas or opinions.

Oh wow, really? Do you not think people read yours posts? Please, review them yourself to see that nearly every single one includes an insult and sarcasm directed at making someone looking small/inferior. Exhibit A, which is one of many:

"I have not been on CDC for a few years.

now that I am back I really cant believe how delusional everyone is"

With that, stop please.

Paul Kariya also - we can check IP addresses.

So anyone using this thread as their ticket to troll, you're on the radar. Yes, present your opposing view but don't forget that some DO support the players here and are sensitive to the issue. So stick to facts and keep the "greaseball" comments to yourselves.

My thoughts? People who are quick to hate are often sheeple, jumping on board a bus without ever having checked the route. Has Lu been perfect? - nope. Has the team in front of him left him hanging on a thread at times? Yep. Is he Superman? Nope.

Anyone doubting Lu as a world class goaltender will likely one day say "damn, that guy who beat us used to play for us". Be careful what you wish for.

Oh wow, really? Do you not think people read yours posts? Please, review them yourself to see that nearly every single one includes an insult and sarcasm directed at making someone looking small/inferior. Exhibit A, which is one of many:

"I have not been on CDC for a few years.

now that I am back I really cant believe how delusional everyone is"

With that, stop please.

Paul Kariya also - we can check IP addresses.

So anyone using this thread as their ticket to troll, you're on the radar. Yes, present your opposing view but don't forget that some DO support the players here and are sensitive to the issue. So stick to facts and keep the "greaseball" comments to yourselves.

My thoughts? People who are quick to hate are often sheeple, jumping on board a bus without ever having checked the route. Has Lu been perfect? - nope. Has the team in front of him left him hanging on a thread at times? Yep. Is he Superman? Nope.

Anyone doubting Lu as a world class goaltender will likely one day say "damn, that guy who beat us used to play for us". Be careful what you wish for.

I love to be proven wrong

If he can pull keep it together through 4 rounds I will tatoo luongo with a big heart around it on my face

They will both be back, cause management is too afraid to trade Cory if they can't trade luongo

The kings series was a big statement.

And yes deb I admit that I can be a little sarcastic and that whole poor me speach was hypocritical.

But I think the luongo hate argument is past trolling,

it's actually dividing these boards and it's not just a few of us.

In reality this should be fun and knowone should take me or any of this serious.

You've made two statements that indicate trolling: this one ^ ("in reality....") and another about "just trying to piss someone off". So perhaps it's time to let this one rest unless there is some new information you'd like to present. Because that's what trolling is - comments that are no longer directed toward the topic but, moreso, to incite something or, to a lesser degree, to derail the topic at hand.

You do get the whole board rule thing about posting just to provoke others, don't you? It's called trolling and you have earned yourself the moniker of 'troll'. And as far as the 'dividing these boards', you may also declare yourself a wedge.

This should be fun but when people start posting stuff just to wind others up (as it seems you have been - a nice fall back mea culpa, BTW) and turn threads like this into the crap it turned into........ the fun factor goes out the window.......except I guess for the people snickering behind their keyboards.

People hate Luongo because he's cocky and can't handle the media pressure here thus comes off very unfriendly. He never looks at the camera in interviews and has this constant look of annoyance with the media. Add that with not showing up for big games people aren't exactly pleased with him.

Ahh newb fans who don't realize the history of goalies this team has had...if they grew up with the likes of Cloutier...they would love Luo right now ...

Wish CDC would have certain qualifications for posting....like hockey knowledge....lol SIGH~!

Wow, I can't wrap my head around some of this Luongo hate. I honestly think, that anyone who blames Lou for any/all of the Canucks past problems (the last five years) in the playoffs, does not know ONE thing about the game. They should spend less time WHINING about Lou and more time actually WATCHING the ENTIRE teams faults, and NOT just ONE PLAYERS faults. I for one, NEVER want to be in the position, we were in during the Cloutier, Weeks, Hersch, Potvin, Snow and ALL the other half assed tending days. I also think 90% of the fans blaming only Lou, did not even watch/follow hockey during those days, and take the medias words as gospel. I will be pissed if we continue this stupid trend, of being a "goalie graveyard". Lou will get a cup, I just hope it is with us, and not some other team. LOUUUUUUUUUUUU :)

I don't hate loungo ,I hate the fact that he seems to give up the soft goals at the worst possible times then take no ownership in his mistakes.(he did get better about the ownership thing this year) I hate the fact he can't seem to elevate his game to steal a series when the team behind him isn't playing its best. I hate the fact he really doesn't seem to have the mental toughness to compete at the top of his game for a complete series. I reseve the right to boo any pro athlete because I'm the one paying their wage and I won't be a nutthugger to every person who wears the uniform of my favorite team.

Ahh newb fans who don't realize the history of goalies this team has had...if they grew up with the likes of Cloutier...they would love Luo right now ...

Wish CDC would have certain qualifications for posting....like hockey knowledge....lol SIGH~!

Archived