The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why I think people hate on Luongo.

Not A Fruit

Fans here don't deserve a special elite player like Luongo. You think future star free agents won't think twice about coming here with how the fans threw Luo under the bus? Vancouver was becoming a hot destination for attraction free agents I won't be suprised to see that trend stop.

I don't hate Luongo. I don't even hate his contract - realistically, it's not that bad. It's just that the length of the contract has created a very complicated situation.

I don't even hate his performance. He's a very good goalie. I just don't have faith that he is the one to take the Canucks all the way.

When I see Schneider play, however, I get that feeling of greatness. Not necessarily FHOF greatness, but thrives under less than ideal conditions, excells in the face of danger, poised under pressure greatness.

I really don;t believe people hate Luongo. I respect his work ethics, his team first attitude, and his level of committment . What I don't like is his inconsistancy from game to game. His grandstanding, in making easy saves look hard, his "flashing'' the leather !!

He had a very successful year in 2011-12 (best GAA in his career) other than hit and miss playoff performance. In 2011 -12, he did not follow the teachings of his goalie coach and his stats soared as a result. He has opened the door wise open for Schneider to waltz through and it will cost him his #1 spot. I believe his leaving will settle the termoil within the team and the team will embrace Schneider as he is much easier to play in front of. We don;t hate Lou but sometimes hate the way he plays !!

People hate on him because he's an overpaid choker who needs to have his tires pumped. He has on of the worst contracts in the nhl. I'd be happy if we could get anything for him in a trade.

People hate Luongo because he's cocky and can't handle the media pressure here thus comes off very unfriendly. He never looks at the camera in interviews and has this constant look of annoyance with the media. Add that with not showing up for big games people aren't exactly pleased with him.

I don't care if he is cocky.

I don't care what he did on the past.

All I know is his performance in the stanley cup final stabbed me in the heart thus, the name "Noheart"

I was his biggest fan, now I cant even stand the sight of him.

The team never scored? so to win... they would need like 9 goals a game in Boston?

Worst save % and GAA in a 7 game series, he shattered the old record.

I totally thought he finally got over the hump in chicago, I was so pumped.

As far as I'm concerned, he has accomplished nothing, he has never won a Vezina, Hart, or Cup.

Since the Ducks series

save % .903

GAA 2.97

in the playoffs

how do you people defend this guy?

he is the definition of CHOKE

McMillian does have a point Monteeun. We may look at Loungo as Confident. To other people in the outside media especially Boston would look at it as cocky. Luongo never learned to keep quite." I probably would have made that save" after game 2 Ot in the finals against Boston. You don't think the Eastern media would that up? Or I was trying to pump his tires! referring to Thomas. If you were Boston being down 2-0 in the series is bad enough but hearing comments like that wouldn't put a fire under your arse just abit? Or the year before after being eliminated by Chicago for the second year in a row. "At least I didn't let in 7 goals this time" You tell me with the kind of money he makes if People should be a litte pissed off with comments like that!

From a marketing point of view..Luongo did a lot for this city and the Aquilini s ownership.

Do you think with Luongo gone who has been the face of the franchise, at one point also its captain, that players like Sundin type will be as attracted to come to a Canadian team, pay more taxes, and be continuously scruitinized and criticized by all formsa of media.

Theodore says he is very happy in Florida compared to his stay in Montreal.

Brodeur also has said in New Jersey..he can walk the streets anytime people don t even recognize him.

Brodeur, Lecavalier Briere would never choose to play for Montreal they have said would be too stressful.

I must say what is TSN and Sportsnet commentators going to do if they don t continuously pick on Luongo..

Lu good luck in the Florida State.

Hey guys,

The reason I feel people hate on Luongo is because of last year's performance. Newcomers who wanted to see their team do well, with high expectations. They see the final, and how Luongo performed. Now these fans have not seen Luongo's past performances. They haven't seen the beast he was from 5 years ago. These fans see Schneider's performance compared to Luongo, Schneider is their savior. They see a goalie who performs great all regular season and in the playoffs. They then compare Luongo's performances to Schneider's performances and feel Schneider is better. This is relevant to me. I am 13, and I started supporting the Canucks since last year's playoffs. Obviously I am aware of Luongo's performance in the past 5 years, and I respect him. Many do not have this respect, they boo him in the stands, and they want their savior Schneider (whom i love) to be in net. No one should boo an athlete.

I don't care if he is cocky.

I don't care what he did on the past.

All I know is his performance in the stanley cup final stabbed me in the heart thus, the name "Noheart"

I was his biggest fan, now I cant even stand the sight of him.

The team never scored? so to win... they would need like 9 goals a game in Boston?

Worst save % and GAA in a 7 game series, he shattered the old record.

I totally thought he finally got over the hump in chicago, I was so pumped.

As far as I'm concerned, he has accomplished nothing, he has never won a Vezina, Hart, or Cup.

Since the Ducks series

save % .903

GAA 2.97

in the playoffs

how do you people defend this guy?

he is the definition of CHOKE

Please tell me how any goalie is supposed to win a 7 game series when his team his averaging 1.14 goals a game i'd love to hear it. No question he sucked in the games in Boston but so did everyone else, Luongo's performances in games 1,2 and 5 were the only reason it even went 7. Especially games 1 and 5 where he got the 2 shutouts.

And in game 7 he could have only let in 1 goal and we still would have lost, kind of hard to win with a 0 on the board. Luongo is far from the reason we didn't win it last year

Archived