The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guess who I saw on the Squamish Chief

gurmy_33

I once worked out with Joe Sakic. Made him wait for his turn.

OK, I exaggerate but only slightly. It was early morning at a small gym in White Rock and there were only a few people, mostly female clientele, there and just the two of us in the free weight section. I was doing my thing in the squat rack (just one there) and kept thinking that the guy eager to get in there looked just like Joe Sakic but I wasn't 100% sure (hey, it was the early 90's and the Nords sucked big time). I was alternating squats with some upper body work so I went in and out a few times. Later, he asked me politely if I was done even when it was obvious that I was.

Checked the signing sheet upon leaving and sure enough it was him. Pity he was never a Nuck.

I once worked out with Joe Sakic. Made him wait for his turn.

OK, I exaggerate but only slightly. It was early morning at a small gym in White Rock and there were only a few people, mostly female clientele, there and just the two of us in the free weight section. I was doing my thing in the squat rack (just one there) and kept thinking that the guy eager to get in there looked just like Joe Sakic but I wasn't 100% sure (hey, it was the early 90's and the Nords sucked big time). I was alternating squats with some upper body work so I went in and out a few times. Later, he asked me politely if I was done even when it was obvious that I was.

Checked the signing sheet upon leaving and sure enough it was him. Pity he was never a Nuck.

Joe Sakic's parents house used to be (dont know if it still is) in White Rock, like a block from where I used to live and in the summer when Joe would stay there he would rollerblade by my house with a stick and ball every morning at like 7:55 sharp... it was pretty cool.

Archived