The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Clara Hughes = legend

How she summoned the strenght to train and compete after fracturing her vertebrae I have no idea. But that is the spirit of sports, of Canadians, and of human ability. And I'm so proud of her for what she's done. Lots of inspired young girls and women out there because of her.

Clara Hughes = legend

How she summoned the strenght to train and compete after fracturing her vertebrae I have no idea. But that is the spirit of sports, of Canadians, and of human ability. And I'm so proud of her for what she's done. Lots of inspired young girls and women out there because of her.

8 Olympic badminton players charged with throwing games:

The questionable play began courtesy of China’s Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang, the world doubles champions, who were booed off the court at Wembley Arena after appearing to intentionally lose their match against the South Korean pair of Jung Kyun-eun and Kim Ha-na whose play also looked suspicious.

At various times, both teams dumped serves into the net and made simple errors. Even a warning from the umpire midway through the first game followed by words from tournament referee Torsten Berg seemed to have little effect.

The way this plays out, Canada will only have to defeat Russia for a medal. That's hilarious.

They did beat us already, but it's funny knowing a medal is guaranteed to a team that lucked their way out of the group stages.

Archived