The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

The Federer - Del Potro match just broke the record for longest three set match in the open era. 18 -17 Federer in the third set right now. What are the chances of having two of these in the same tournament?

Edit: To clarify, that's longest time-wise. Tsonga - Roanic was longer in games.

Swimming and track events featuring Canadians in the afternoon:

11:00am-12:00pm Athletics – Women’s Heptathlon: shot put

11:30am-11:38am Swimming – Women’s 200 m Backstroke: final

12:05pm-12:30pm Athletics – Men’s 1500 m: round 1

12:25pm-12:30pm Swimming – Women’s 50 m Freestyle: semi-final

12:30pm-1:45pm Athletics – Men’s Shot Put: final

12:45pm-1:15pm Athletics – Women’s Heptathlon: 200 m

Wait, did Dylan Armstrong not qualify? I'm looking at the results ad there's I line right above his name. And I saw an article saying he almost missed qualifying but te article no longer exists... Whaaa?

I'd really like to see some downhill mountain biking added to the Olympics. Of all bike sports, it is definitely the most exciting and could help address some of the attendance issues. Who wouldn't want to watch things like this:

it says here

http://www.london2012.com/cycling-track/event/women-team-pursuit/phase=ctw402800/index.html

that in round one we're paired off with GB. Does this mean that we have to compete against GB or are the pairings arbitrary and all that matters is your final time compared to the other countries' times?

b/c if we actually have to beat GB then we're screwed. they just set the WR.

Archived