Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UMB

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

1,608 posts in this topic

Colombia vs. PRK: ....Colombia players are barely keeping up. They look TIRED.

On the other hand every time she doesn't capitalize on a scoring chance one of the PRK strikers falls to the ground and acts like she's been struck by lightning.

(and for those that don't get the reference: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/north-korea-blames-loss-to-u-s-on-players-getting-struck-by-lightning?urn=sow-wp2852 )

No way it will match our Olympics of 2010. That was one of a life time, most people say it was the best of all-time. Thank you Sidney Crosby and co. :towel:

Watching The National at the moment and they're in London. Making me a little homesick actually, kinda wish I was back home to soak up the moment. Ah well. Go Team GB :)

Watch out for Jefferson Perez in the 20 km walk!

Tennis draw was today. Canada has competitors in the Men's Singles, Women's Singles, Men's Doubles, and Women's Doubles.

Men's Singles, First Round:

David Ferrer (4) ESP vs. Vasek Pospisil CAN

Tatsuma Ito JPN vs. Milos Raonic CAN

Women's Singles, First Round:

Marina Erakovic NZL vs. Aleksandra Wozniak

Men's Doubles, First Round:

Tecau/Ungur ROU vs. Nestor/Pospisil CAN

Women's Doubles, First Round:

Dubois/Wozniak CAN vs. Shvedova/Voskoboeva KAZ

Opening Ceremony pre-show starts at 11:00am PST tomorrow, Ceremony starts at 1:00pm PST. For those who can't watch it live, it's on again at 4:30pm on TSN2 and Sportsnet and 7:30pm on CTV.

Anyone else think the Olympic stadium looks remarkably dull/ordinary?

Is anyone else having trouble with the CTV media player? It just loads a grey screen for me. I have the latest update of Microsoft Silverlight.

Whos ready for the Olynpics???? Don't forget the openibg ceremony is tomorrow 1 PM PST!!!

Don't usually watch the Olympics, but it'll be something I can watch to pass the time during the day shift at the bar I work at tomorrow... it's usually dead all day on a Saturday when there's no football on.

Some competition news before the Opening Ceremony: Our archer Crispin Duenas set a personal best in the ranking round for archery and finished 8th out of 64 heading into the elimination rounds. He will face Ahmed El-Nemr of Egypt (ranked 57th) in the first round.

Our other competing athlete today was in the Women's ranking round for archery. Marie-Pier Beaudet finished 29th out of 64 in the ranking round and will face Louise Larsen of Denmark in the first round.

South Korea also broke the world record in the Men's Team archery competition, while Im Dong-Hyun of South Korea set the new world record in the individual competition.

EDIT: apparently the man who set the individual world record for South Korea is legally blind :shock:

Looking kinda cheesy lol

EDIT: Okay, the transformation was pretty neat.