The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

There is also a point where is the extra funding really worth a few extra medals when other more important sections are being neglected? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter of the games and publicly funded sports. But there is a point where the spending is over the top. ie. the United States.

http://ca.sports.yah...-183444961.html

If Canadians weren't already riled up enough following the women's soccer team's controversial 4-3 loss to the U.S. Monday, world soccer governing body FIFA added fuel to the fire Tuesday with an announcement that they're investigating not the officiating in the match itself, but rather "incidents that occurred after the conclusion" of the contest.

Now insult to injury, the coach and one or more players may be suspended for the bronze medal game for speaking out against the officiating travesty. As it stands now, we are the clear favorites in that match against France, but without Sinclair, and maybe Tancredi and coach Herdman...maybe others.....France may be the one favoured. This is getting to be a joke.

thanks. So they think that Clayton came in with his head too low so at least one of the warnings was invalid meaning no deduction in points for Evans. I don`t believe them. Boxing judging is already a mess and with Clayton`s opponent being from GB, the appeal really had no chance. I`ve really got to stop getting my hopes up during these olympics. Too much disappointment after.

The final result of the FIFA investigation into our post-game comments had better go better than this appeal.

These Olympics are tough to watch for sure... the judging/officiating has been nothing but a huge farce from a variety of sports. I knew it was bad before, though it seems that in London, it has reached a new level of rigging and incompetence. It definitely has been a disappointing Olympics for the Canadian team thus far, though there are still medal hopes left, albeit not many.

I don't mean to sound like a sore loser or whiner, but it really feels that Canada has been given the short end of the stick far too many times. It seems that we are always on the wrong side of controversy.

Canadians competing tomorrow:

1:30am-1:48am Canoe Sprint – Men’s K1 1000 m: final

1:48am-2:05am Canoe Sprint – Men’s C1 1000 m: final

2:16am-2:44am Canoe Sprint – Men’s K2 1000 m: B final

2:00am-4:00am Athletics – Women’s Hammer: qualification

2:10am-2:40am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: 100 m

2:45am-3:30am Athletics – Men’s 5000 m: round 1

3:10am-4:10am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: long jump

3:45am-4:30am Athletics – Women’s 800 m: round 1

4:00am-8:35am Equestrian – Individual Jumping: final rounds, final

4:50am-5:45am Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: shot put

5:00am-5:30am Sailing – Men’s 49er: medal race

5:24am-5:32am Freestyle Wrestling – Women’s 48 kg [Huynh (CAN) vs. Nguyen (VIE)]

5:48am-5:56am Freestyle Wrestling – Women’s 63 kg [Dugrenier (CAN) vs. Icho (JPN)]

7:40am-8:30am BMX – Men’s: seeding run

10:00am-12:30pm Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: high jump

11:00am-2:10pm Diving – Women’s Plaform: preliminaries

11:05am-1:30pm Athletics – Men’s Javelin: qualification

11:45am-12:00pm Athletics – Women’s 1500 m: semi-finals

12:10pm-12:30pm Athletics – Men’s 200 m: semi-finals

1:30pm-2:00pm Athletics – Men’s Decathlon: 400 m

Final few days of the Olympics sees taekwondo and freestyle wrestling begin. Everyone prepare yourselves, more judged sports. Good luck to our athletes competing tomorrow. Canada is cheering you on :towel: .

Not many people talking about it but Canada got jobbed in synchronized swimming today too. 4th behind the Chinese despite having a more difficult, faster and more original routine AND better execution to boot. I just hope they can overcome the judges in the team routine. :(

Now that we are in the middle of the second week of the Olympics I'm really looking forward to watching all the Track and Field medal events.

I will be cheering for Jamaica to once again smoke the U.S. in sprinting. The U.S. has no chance in the relays the combination of Bolt,Blake, and Powell will be too much.

Archived