The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Now that we are in the middle of the second week of the Olympics I'm really looking forward to watching all the Track and Field medal events.

I will be cheering for Jamaica to once again smoke the U.S. in sprinting. The U.S. has no chance in the relays the combination of Bolt,Blake, and Powell will be too much.

Yo canucks champs you don't have to take so much time just to make the list of canadians competing every day you know, its on the olympic site. I just feel bad that you spend so much time making tose awesome lists when its on the website

I know right. China and India are two burgeoning economic powers with massive populations but are on the opposite end of the spectrum for the Olympics.

Maybe it's just that China takes the Olympics far more seriously and are willing to invest money into training programs for their athletes.

India probably figures they should be using money to fix their problems at home before they think about spending more public money for their athletes to go abroad.

I know right. China and India are two burgeoning economic powers with massive populations but are on the opposite end of the spectrum for the Olympics.

Maybe it's just that China takes the Olympics far more seriously and are willing to invest money into training programs for their athletes.

India probably figures they should be using money to fix their problems at home before they think about spending more public money for their athletes to go abroad.

Archived