The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Anyone following Cam Levins from small town BC? This kid is doing very well against all those Kenyans and Ethiopians, and made the finals of the l0K and has also qualified for the 5K. Think about this folks, running 240K per week, meanwhile helping his father with his landscaping business in Campbell River. Back in my days of running, I would train at about 100-120K per week, and run 10K's about 10 minutes slower.

My question to Cam is, why not try the marathon as well? Those 10K times correspond very well, with a good marathon runners times. Think about this for Rio.

Anyone following Cam Levins from small town BC? This kid is doing very well against all those Kenyans and Ethiopians, and made the finals of the l0K and has also qualified for the 5K. Think about this folks, running 240K per week, meanwhile helping his father with his landscaping business in Campbell River. Back in my days of running, I would train at about 100-120K per week, and run 10K's about 10 minutes slower.

My question to Cam is, why not try the marathon as well? Those 10K times correspond very well, with a good marathon runners times. Think about this for Rio.

Id say Adam van coverden was without a doubt the runaway favourite for Gold in canoe. He was over a second better than his closest competitors in the semi's. I was a little shocked to see him get beat out for gold.

Looks like we'll finish on the lower end of predictions for medals these games but there have been some good young surprises.

Well for one in the rowing Van Koeverden was leading the race that was a gold lost right there. Not to mention Simon Whitfield who crashed and Dylan Armstrong in shot put who didn't even medal.

Are you happy seeing countries like North Korea, Iran, and Cuba with more gold medals than Canada? I mean seriously 1 gold medal in the freaking trampoline? :picard:

Archived