The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

I guess in a race like this one even a millimeter of difference matters because it means one team had to run a little bit less than all the others.

If the rule is legit and if we really did violate it, I have to problems conceding the medal. As long as it's not some ambiguous rule like the Canada/USA soccer match.

The organizers never should have posted the results if they new something needed to be reviewed. There can't be anything worse than thinking you've won a medal only to have it be snatched away.

James Mirtle@mirtle

Jared Connaughton@jncoolc

I'm so sorry everyone. My heart is broken. I let my team down. I'm sorry.

Does anyone else wish they could be in London to go give this guy a hug? I mean, he doesn't need to apoligize. No Canadian ever does. None of our athletes have never done anything but try their best. They have never embarrassed us or let us down.

That seems dumb. Stepping on the line = disqualification. You're still in your lane, you didn't leave it, so why are you disqualified. There was no advantage for us because of that. On the line for every other sport is deemed in bounds but not here? You should be disqualified if you step in the other runners lane, not on the line.

So we got DQ ok rules are rule- but they let Daley take 1st dive again after he scored 75 because he said he got some flash in his eyes for some cameras. He did the dive again and got 91 something. now tell that to the diver who came 4th that it is kool to do that. Why he was given that 2nd chance? Same happened few days ago at cycling track- brits were giver 2nd chance after one rider fell down. they took 2nd chance and got gold. hmmm now tell me what is fair or what is not?

So we got DQ ok rules are rule- but they let Daley take 1st dive again after he scored 75 because he said he got some flash in his eyes for some cameras. He did the dive again and got 91 something. now tell that to the diver who came 4th that it is kool to do that. Why he was given that 2nd chance? Same happened few days ago at cycling track- brits were giver 2nd chance after one rider fell down. they took 2nd chance and got gold. hmmm now tell me what is fair or what is not?

cant even get a freakin bronze, which seems to be the theme for CAN this olympics

the guy train for this day for yrs. they know the rules. almost as bad as the US women in 2008 botching up the baton pass.

he let his teammates down for sure. as for the country, no need to apologize. none of us were good enough to go to the olympics. they have my support.

cant even get a freakin bronze, which seems to be the theme for CAN this olympics

the guy train for this day for yrs. they know the rules. almost as bad as the US women in 2008 botching up the baton pass.

he let his teammates down for sure. as for the country, no need to apologize. none of us were good enough to go to the olympics. they have my support.

I don't think anyone ever runs on the outside of their lane coming around the bend. Does this rule also apply if you step on the outer line of your lane? Doesn't matter I guess.

Is there actual proof showing that stepping on the line once or twice coming around the bend improves your overall time? The whole rule seems stupid because there is no difference at all. And if there is, it's microscopic. It's just a rule and they're completely anal about it when at the end of the day I can't see it making any difference whatsoever whether you stepped on the line or not.

It's tough when you see the our Canadian Olympians getting emotional when stuff like this happens, but they have to know that they have not let anyone down, they had a fantastic race and us Canadians couldn't be any prouder of our guys.

It's a technical disqualification in the stats, but a top 3 finish in our hearts.

Archived