The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

So exactly how many medals is Canada predicted to take home? We didn't get our first medal in beijing until day 7 or 8 apparently..depending on what station you watched as TSN/SN/CTV hosts are not on the same page with regards to their information. It sounds like our best chances for gold would be in rowing.

I find it really funny listening to all the hockey analysts and commentators suddenly being forced to talk about totally different sports lol. Apparently Pierre McGuire is covering water polo, which just made me howl. He's such a creeper and has so many man crushes. Non-Canadian athletes are probably not familiar with him and are in for quite an experience if he interviews them!

And the legendary Doc Emrick is calling water polo matches which is quite different too!

Did anyone catch the woman marching with the Indian team in the Opening Ceremonies - she was right in the front and was wearing jeans and a tshirt instead of the traditional sari. Apparently it was a breach in security. She has no role on the Indian team and wasn't supposed to be there. Really dumb of her to have done that IMO.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/news/article/india-olympic-mystery-woman-revealed-21870.html

Schedule of Canadians competing tomorrow:

1:00am-2:50am___Shooting – Men’s 10 m Air Rifle: qualification

1:05am-2:30am___Badminton – Women’s Singles: preliminary [Wang (CHN) vs. Li (CAN)]

1:45am-3:00am___Judo – Men’s -73 kg: second round [Tritton (CAN) vs. TBD]

1:50am-2:00am___Rowing – Men’s Eights: repechage

1:58am-2:30am___Judo – Women’s -57 kg: round of 32 [Melancon (CAN) vs. Filzmoser (AUT)]

2:00am-2:25am___Swimming – Women’s 200 m Freestyle: heats

2:20am-2:40am___Rowing – Women’s Double Sculls: heats

2:25am-2:49am___Swimming – Men’s 200 m Butterfly: heats

2:40am-3:10am___Rowing – Men’s Fours: heats

2:49am-3:10am___Swimming – Women’s 200 m Individual Medley: heats

3:00am-3:50am___Beach Volleyball – Men’s Preliminary (NOR vs. CAN)

3:30am-5:30am___Tennis – Men’s Singles: round 1 [ito (JPN) vs. Raonic (CAN)]

3:30am-5:30am___Tennis – Women’s Singles: round 1 [Erakovic (NZL) vs. Wozniak (CAN)]

4:00am-4:30am___Sailing – Men’s 49er: race 1

4:00am-5:00am___Sailing – Men’s Laser: race 1

4:05am-5:05am___Sailing – Women’s Laser Radial: race 1

4:30am-6:00am___Weightlifting – Women’s 58 kg: group B

4:30am-9:30am___Equestrian – Individual and Team Eventing: cross-country

4:45am-5:15am___Sailing – Men’s 49er: race 2

4:50am-6:10am___Fencing – Women’s Epee: round of 32 [shin (KOR) vs. Schalm (CAN)]

5:15am-6:15am___Sailing – Men’s Laser: race 2

5:20am-6:20am___Sailing – Women’s Laser Radial: race 2

6:00am-7:00am___Sailing – Men’s Finn: race 3

6:05am-7:05am___Sailing – Men’s Star: race 3

6:17am-7:30am___Badminton – Mixed Doubles: preliminary (JPN vs. CAN)

7:13am-8:30am___Archery – Men’s Individual: 1/32 elimination [Duenas (CAN) vs. El-Nemr (EGY)]

7:15am-8:15am___Sailing – Men’s Finn: race 4

7:20am-8:20am___Sailing – Men’s Star: race 4

9:30am-11:30am__Tennis – Men’s Doubles: round 1 (CAN vs. ROU)

12:00pm-2:00pm__Basketball – Women’s Preliminary (GBR vs. CAN)

Big day for the Men's Eights as they look to qualify for the final.

I was watching this girl swim, and believe me the first thing that came out of my son and my mouth was....What the hell was that? I've been around alot of swimming events in my time, and something is more than a bit fishy here. I've never seen anyone of similar calibre make up that much distance, and then increase it by more than a body length. Tapering and peaking are one thing, however, something isn't right with this one. To swim a time that close to one of the fastest men in the world is very suspicious. ..and to come out of nowhere to do this!

Archived