Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1612 replies to this topic

#991 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Guys I'm not trying to be anti-patriotic here. I was literally sitting on my couch, watching the game, hoping we would make it to damn penalties so that we could pull out a W. But that call was not the reason we lost. Sinclair was damn amazing, but we only had one of her, and the US team had 4 or 5 girls like her.

Sinclair is one of the best player in women soccer. They do not have 4 or 5 Sinclairs.

Posted Image

#992 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:20 PM

Sinclair has around 142 international goals or something. A record.

They do not have 4 or 5 Sinclairs.

They have Wambach, Rapinoe, Heath, and Morgan. Today though... it was all about Rapinoe v. Sinclair.

That Rapinoe girl is a straight baller, amazing game

Rapinoe's gay. :emot-parrot: But yes, she has wicked range and real accuracy on the flanks.

LeRoux was born and raised in Surrey. I sure hope she scores on her own net and leaves the US team in disgrace. Zero respect for a turncoat like her.

Edited by Bob.Loblaw, 06 August 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#993 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

They have Wambach, Rapinoe, Heath, and Morgan. Today though... it was all about Rapinoe v. Sinclair.

Rapinoe's gay. :emot-parrot: But yes, she has wicked range and real accuracy on the flanks.

LeRoux was born and raised in Surrey. I sure hope she scores on her own net and leaves the US team in disgrace. Zero respect for a turncoat like her.

cant believe LeRoux ditch Canada to join the US team.............

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#994 XXCanucksXX

XXCanucksXX

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Really disappointed i missed the game, it sounded like a good one. It was awsome reading 5+ pages of your reaction's though. Though we lost, and i didn't watch the game, i'm still proud of the women's soccer team

By the way, i encourage you guys NOT to watch boxing, if you think the refs were brutal for this game, just wait until you see boxing.
Posted Image

#995 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Do you feel the same about our 2 American born players?
Posted Image

#996 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Who?

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
https://imgflip.com/i/dyukl

#997 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

You didn't even watch the game

Or you lied to us :o

Nope. Paced up and down in the basement because my dad was watching upstairs on surround sound and the basement was the only place where I couldn't hear anything. Updated a few times on twitter though. And then watched highlights. Can't believe they came so close.

Sadly...I don't see that happening

*waits for hockeyville88 to post miracle on ice video*

:)
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#998 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Or Tyler Myers? :rolleyes:

Bob.Loblaw, it sucks seeing a Canadian born player playing for another country, but who cares. It gives other players to really represent their country.

Posted Image

#999 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

cant believe LeRoux ditch Canada to join the US team.............

Canada has American born players too.
Posted Image

#1000 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Karina LeBlanc and Lauren Sesselmann.

#1001 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Who?

LeBlanc....our back up goal keep and Sesselman.
Posted Image

#1002 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

Sesselmann? Looks like she played her first international when she was 28. She had no place on the US team. Same with guys like Cacau, who plays for Germany.

Leroux gave up her spot on the team so she could play for the Americans. She has no pride for any country.
Posted Image

#1003 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Sesselmann? Looks like she played her first international when she was 28. She had no place on the US team. Same with guys like Cacau, who plays for Germany.

Leroux gave up her spot on the team so she could play for the Americans. She has no pride for any country.

Leroux is 22 and up and coming star........Sesselmann is not........worse that she from BC..probably because US soccer program is super to the canada one

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

#1004 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Karina LeBlanc and Lauren Sesselmann.

LeBlanc? The GK who grew up in Maple Ridge? What about her?
Posted Image

#1005 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:44 PM

Sinclair: " I feel robbed. You never see a goalkeeper get called for a six second rule."

Thanks VC for the sig.

#1006 Believe-in-blue23

Believe-in-blue23

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

Valiant effort by our girls. Sucks that the game had to be decided by the god damn referee. I don't like blaming the ref usually, because they have a very hard job. Still, it was a sickening display of officiating. I've never seen such a poor display! Disgraceful!

Christine Sinclair is the best female soccer player on the planet! She almost single-handily beat the US team herself. Hope our girls can rebound and re-group for the bronze medal game.

Go Canucks Go!

#1007 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

LeBlanc....our back up goal keep and Sesselman.

No offence to LeBlanc or Sesselman but they're just not players of the same calibre as LeRoux. I still feel betrayed just like with Missy Franklin.

14diqh3.jpg

#1008 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:47 PM

More from twitter. What Melissa Tancredi said to Norwegian ref: "Put on your American jersey. That's who you played for tonight."
Good to see the Canadians aren't taking this laying down.

Thanks VC for the sig.

#1009 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Christine Sinclair on what ref said when she asked about 6 second violation: "She actually giggled and said nothing. Classy."

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1010 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,663 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Leroux said the reason she chose to play for the US was because it was her best chance to win. All that says to me is that she isn't good enough to help us win, only ride the coattails of the US stars.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#1011 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

deleted

Edited by canuck_trevor16, 06 August 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#1012 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Leroux was with UCLA from 2008-2011 and is now with the Sounders organization. She chose American....so what? Everyone has their own motivations. I'm not going to hold it against her....I'd just look bitter and whiney that way. ;)

Edited by pimpcurtly, 06 August 2012 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

#1013 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

No offence to LeBlanc or Sesselman but they're just not players of the same calibre as LeRoux. I still feel betrayed just like with Missy Franklin.

I never said they were the same calibre player. I believe skill level is irrelevant.
Posted Image

#1014 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Missy Franklin had minimal connections to Canada through her parents. She chose the right country by representing her home nation. Leroux, on the other hand, had minimal connections to the US through her parents. She ditched her home country.

And I do not think Soccer Canada (for Women) is vastly inferior to USWNT. If Canada was a garbage country for soccer, I'd understand. But we've always had a reasonable reputation. Plus, it was the Canadian system that built her up. She bolted for USA once she realized she was good enough to play for them.
Posted Image

#1015 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

Franklin was born in the States and grew uo in the States. Why should she represent Canada?

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#1016 XXCanucksXX

XXCanucksXX

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Anyone see the interview sportsnet had with Missy Franklin? She talked about her connections to Canada. WOW she's adorable :bigblush:
Posted Image

#1017 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Franklin was born in the States and grew uo in the States. Why should she represent Canada?

I never expected her to represent Canada but her parents are canadian and she has dual citizenship. It just hurts that the US have another swimming superstar after Phelps and that she could've, if she wanted, swam for Canada.

14diqh3.jpg

#1018 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

I never expected her to represent Canada but her parents are canadian and she has dual citizenship. It just hurts that the US have another swimming superstar after Phelps and that she could've, if she wanted, swam for Canada.

Again, there's no reason for her to swim for Canada. She never lived here, and she just wanted to represent the country she grew up in. Tyler Myers is our own version of Missy Franklin. He had dual citizenship, but he decided NOT to play for the country he had no emotional attachment to.

I have no idea where Leroux's American pride came from. I can only assume she did it for personal glory. You either play for the country you are closest to or the country you were naturalized in.
Posted Image

#1019 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,801 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

lol. I literally counted to 15.

You literally need to learn how to count. I may have been more than 6 seconds, but no way was it 15....

...and no professional referee would make that call in the semi-final of a major tournament with a one goal differential. It was a patently ridiculous call which basically handed the US the tying goal.

Guys I'm not trying to be anti-patriotic here. I was literally sitting on my couch, watching the game, hoping we would make it to damn penalties so that we could pull out a W. But that call was not the reason we lost. Sinclair was damn amazing, but we only had one of her, and the US team had 4 or 5 girls like her.

What are you talking about? Of course it was. Did you see the Americans score any other goals in regulation? Do you think they stopped trying after they tied it up?

I know you're playing the devil's advocate here, but there are some occasions where mistakes by officials affect the outcome of the game. this was one of those occasions and a chance at Olympic gold was stolen from the Canadian women.

A complete travesty.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#1020 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

You literally need to learn how to count. I may have been more than 6 seconds, but no way was it 15....

...and no professional referee would make that call in the semi-final of a major tournament with a one goal differential. It was a patently ridiculous call which basically handed the US the tying goal.

What are you talking about? Of course it was. Did you see the Americans score any other goals in regulation? Do you think they stopped trying after they tied it up?

I know you're playing the devil's advocate here, but there are some occasions where mistakes by officials affect the outcome of the game. this was one of those occasions and a chance at Olympic gold was stolen from the Canadian women.

A complete travesty.

Let's go for Bronze and hope for only a US silver.

14diqh3.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.