The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] London 2012 Olympics Thread

UMB

Guys I'm not trying to be anti-patriotic here. I was literally sitting on my couch, watching the game, hoping we would make it to damn penalties so that we could pull out a W. But that call was not the reason we lost. Sinclair was damn amazing, but we only had one of her, and the US team had 4 or 5 girls like her.

Guys I'm not trying to be anti-patriotic here. I was literally sitting on my couch, watching the game, hoping we would make it to damn penalties so that we could pull out a W. But that call was not the reason we lost. Sinclair was damn amazing, but we only had one of her, and the US team had 4 or 5 girls like her.

What a game. Sinclair was stellar but she was not woman of the match.

Woman of the match: The referee

Sinclair got 3 goals but that ref was an all star today for the Americans. Really carried them tonight. Especially her whacky free kick in the 80th that made less sense then a polar bear getting eaten by an ant.

What a valiant effort by our women. They deserved a much better fate. The reffing was awful for the whole match. It was almost unbearable. But nonetheless, we should be proud of our Canadian women. I definitely know who I want to be our flag bearer at the closing ceremony. Hint: She's from Burnaby.

Archived