1612 replies to this topic

#1441 Danimal

Danimal

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Any medal chances for Canada tomorrow??????????
Sig too big dude.

#1442 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

cant even get a freakin bronze, which seems to be the theme for CAN this olympics

the guy train for this day for yrs. they know the rules. almost as bad as the US women in 2008 botching up the baton pass.

he let his teammates down for sure. as for the country, no need to apologize. none of us were good enough to go to the olympics. they have my support.

Either bronze or 4th/5th places!
But c'mon man! None of the Canadians athletes were good enough? Most of them competed in events with many other athletes. For them to come in top 5/10 out 20/30/100. Is impressive. Sure, it's not podium worthy, but these guys train their butts off for four years. They sure hell enough deserve to be in the olympics.

Is there actual proof showing that stepping on the line once or twice coming around the bend improves your overall time? The whole rule seems stupid because there is no difference at all. And if there is, it's microscopic. It's just a rule and they're completely anal about it when at the end of the day I can't see it making any difference whatsoever whether you stepped on the line or not.

Agree. I believe there would have been no difference if Connaughton didn't stepped on the line. Canada would have finished 3rd either way. Maybe 0.0000000000000001 second slower.

Posted Image

#1443 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't think anyone ever runs on the outside of their lane coming around the bend. Does this rule also apply if you step on the outer line of your lane? Doesn't matter I guess.

Is there actual proof showing that stepping on the line once or twice coming around the bend improves your overall time? The whole rule seems stupid because there is no difference at all. And if there is, it's microscopic. It's just a rule and they're completely anal about it when at the end of the day I can't see it making any difference whatsoever whether you stepped on the line or not.

Yeah but what if it came down to a photo finish things like us running a tiny bit less could impact the time

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#1444 mau5trap

mau5trap

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

It's tough when you see the our Canadian Olympians getting emotional when stuff like this happens, but they have to know that they have not let anyone down, they had a fantastic race and us Canadians couldn't be any prouder of our guys.

It's a technical disqualification in the stats, but a top 3 finish in our hearts.

Posted Image

#1445 van_ws

van_ws

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Really hate to see another heartbreak for our athletes. These have been a very trying games, with plenty of adversity, bad luck and not getting any breaks... hopefully it will make them stronger if they are competing in 2016.

It should be interesting to see who is the flagbearer tomorrow.

#1446 canuck champs

canuck champs

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:17 PM

Canadians competing tomorrow:

12:00am-10:00am Modern Pentathlon – Women’s: fencing, swimming, riding, combined event, final
12:30am-12:45am Freestyle Wrestling – Men’s 66 kg: qualification [Ben Alayech (TUN) vs. Veranes Garcia (CAN)]
1:00am-1:15am Freestyle Wrestling – Men’s 96 kg: 1/8 final [Pliev (CAN) vs. Cortina Lacerra (CUB)]
3:00am-5:40am Athletics – Men’s Marathon: race, final
5:30am-7:30am Mountain Bike – Men’s Cross-Country: race, final
--
1:00pm-3:00pm Closing Ceremony

Hard to believe that the Olympics are almost over. Flag bearer announcement expected around 4:00am pacific time tomorrow as well. Good luck to our remaining athletes competing tomorrow!
Posted Image

#1447 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

What did the officials in the old days do before there was video replay? I am sure many people stepped on the line and was not caught.

#1448 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image

#1449 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

I agree America is one of the most intelligent, athletic, and technologically advanced countries but they are also one of the most paranoid, poor, and obese countries. It cancels out.

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#1450 Donky

Donky

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,680 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

I guess field hockey is much different than hockey in general. We should form a team otherwise.

I played field hockey for a few years in Victoria. Canada went to Beijing and did pretty well. Not sure why they failed to qualify this year but I do know a couple of the longtime 'stars' of the team had recently retired.
The game is of course no comparison to ice hockey. Completely different. You can't even compare it to roller hockey or ball hockey because the sticks used are just so different. It is a really good sport though mostly played by women in Canada although I believe that is waning too as more girls are moving to more physical sports like ice hockey, rugby and lacrosse and of course soccer. Very big sport in Pakistan and India, second only to cricket I believe.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”-Sinclair Lewis

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."-Albert Einstein

#1451 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,443 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:57 PM

#ChristineSinclairForFlagBearer
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1452 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,080 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

Apparently the Spice Girls are performing tomorrow.. :lol:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#1453 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,015 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

Our guy in wrestling just got bit...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1454 forever_hope

forever_hope

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

Our guy in wrestling just got bit...

He kinda stuck his hand in there ala burrows/bergeron.. but looks like he got bit pretty hard.

Now both our guys are out.. hopefully they will get a chance to wrestle for bronze
Posted Image

#1455 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:22 AM

The Japanese guy clearly clamped his mouth down. In wrestling your mouth should but shut, not the attackers problem anyways. Biting in wrestling that results in injury is an automatic DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many odd calls have gone against Canada this Olympics?! The fact that there has been ZERO investigations on the Norway ref is ridic enough. The IOC has averages at least one corrupt official per Olympics

#1456 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:59 AM

So when are they going to show a repeat of the dream team winning the gold medal? I heard around 9 a.m.?

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#1457 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:35 AM

Christine Sinclair is our flag bearer :towel: :towel:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#1458 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Posted Image

we do have fat and ignorant people here. We also have very gifted athletes and intellects. We also have the best amatuer training program on the planet in the NCAA. None the less, I'm proud of our performance and all our Olympic athletes, winners and non-medalists.Congrats to all medalists from every nation! And congrats to all competitors......they all made it further than I ever could.

#1459 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

A+ flop by rudy fernandez.

#1460 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

The eagle should be our provincial bird.

We've got more of them than any place in the US.

#1461 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

I agree America is one of the most intelligent, athletic, and technologically advanced countries but they are also one of the most paranoid, poor, and obese countries. It cancels out.

Their grandparents made it great.

The current generation is just taking it down.

#1462 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image

Floppity, Flop, Flop.

#1463 Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Squirrels.Gone.Wild

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

*my inner 90's child*

Posted Image

The Who is also performing.

Edited by Squirrels.Gone.Wild, 12 August 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#1464 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

*my inner 90's child*

Posted Image

The Who is also performing.

Grandma and Grandpa's inner child can also get excited.

#1465 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

soooo, who was the genius that thought having a guy in a wheelchair would be the best choice to place medals around the neck of a basketball team standing on a podium?

#1466 Aleksandr Pistoletov

Aleksandr Pistoletov

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

soooo, who was the genius that thought having a guy in a wheelchair would be the best choice to place medals around the neck of a basketball team standing on a podium?

The London PC police, it would be discrimination if especially the gold medalists didn't have giraffe necks to allow the wheelchair guy to put it around them.

Posted Image

Even though I often call (other) Americans fat and stupid (the foreigner in me as well), I can't really say much here.. great win.

The US worried me there about the medal count with the back and forth between them and China but the last two days they really pulled away and left China in the dust.

"When Jonah's agent called him and said Quentin Tarantino wanted to put him in a spaghetti western [Django Unchained], Jonah was like, 'You had me at spaghetti.'"

"Aziz has been charming audiences and snakes for years. And I guess you’re here tonight because now that Kanye had a real baby he doesn’t need you anymore."

-- Jeff Ross

#1467 Mr.Habitat

Mr.Habitat

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

What time is the closing ceremonies?

#1468 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,772 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Grandma and Grandpa's inner child can also get excited.

Show me a current artist that can do this....(Only problem is you have 1/2 of The Who, 2 of them are passed away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOaNo3M_Hw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KRpRMSu4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

I'd have said get Oasis back together, but the two brothers would probably have a fistfight on stage.

Edited by Ghostsof1915, 12 August 2012 - 10:26 AM.

GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#1469 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,443 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Definite childhood flashbacks :lol: FTR i was always Sporty Spice so i think that makes it a little less embarrassing lol

So happy for Sincy. Can't wait to watch her lead Team Canada in. Hope the rest of the soccer team will be right behind her much like the women's hockey team was right behind Danielle Goyette when she led Team Canada in during the Torino Opening Ceremony.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#1470 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.