The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Manny Pacquiao v Timothy Bradley

Canuckerbird

didnt see the fight but im not surprised. pac's last fight with marquez should've been a win for marquez. at the time i was "WTF, pac won?" and i'm sure this time around i would be "WTF, bradley won?". boxing is turning into wwe.

perhaps a fix like this that is being suggested will get some law enforcement involved to check for corruption and maybe clean up these bull decisions/fixes.

edit for this... http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg39/scaled.php?server=39&filename=roflbot.gif&res=landing

Honestly you don't have to look much further than Bob Arum to find reasons for the fix. I'm not normally one who subscribes to conspiracy theories but this makes too much sense.

With Bradley winning he will be guaranteed another fight that will generate 1 million+ buys. After that he could possibly set up the trilogy fight so that's another 1 million at least. All of those buys are staying with Bob Arum's Top Rank promotions and he won't have to worry about splitting money with Golden Boy on a fight that Manny could very well lose, at which point Arum would have nothing. Manny's stock would drop considerably and he won't have his cash cow anymore. With Bradley winning he now has a 29 year old who just became a star because he's the guy who beat Pacquiao and he is under Top Rank control.

Compubox punch stats:

Bradley 159 landed out of 839 thrown = 19% connect rate.

Pacquiao 253 landed out of 751 thrown = 34% connect rate.

Power Punches:

Bradley 108 out of 390 = 28%

Pacquiao 190 out of 493 = 38%

Punch stats don't always tell the story, but when there's a 15% difference in connect rate, then I'm sorry, but I'd have to call BS decision.

It's too bad i love boxing, its so much more interesting than watching two sweaty dude rolling on the floor making dude love. Just too many wight divisions and too many federations. If only they could unify it like how the UFC is run, but that seems like a pipedream. I do know i work with alot of filpino's and i will bug them religously tommorrow.

Good post. Bob Arum wins with in-house fighters. Now that he has a rematch, he's guaranteed to make even more money with the two Bradley fights combined than with a single Mayweather fight, the proceeds of which he'd have to split with Golden Boy and Floyd. I can only hope that Manny wakes up and somehow gets out of his contract with Top Rank and get that fight with Floyd done.

Regarding the fight itself, I felt Manny won most of the early rounds, dominated the mid rounds and then inexplicably left the last three rounds to chance.

Here's how I scored it: I gave Bradley rounds 1, 6, 10 and 11. Manny won 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, and 12.

Eight rounds to four, 116-112 for Manny Pacquiao on my card.

Here are scores from Press Row and boxing experts:

ESPN: 119-109 for Pacquiao

Yahoo!: 117-111 for Pacquiao

Associated Press: 117-111 for Pacquiao

Fox Sports: 119-109 for Pacquiao

HBO's Harold Lederman: 119-109 for Pacquiao

Sports Illustrated: 115-113 for Pacquiao

Bob Arum: 118-110 for Pacquiao

Cameron Dunkin (Bradley's manager): 116-112 for Pacquiao

Oscar De la Hoya tweeted "Bradley should have given the belt, and announce victory to Pacquiao after the decision."

Andre Ward (Super-middleweight Champ): "Listen, I love Tim Bradley. He's a friend. This is not his fault. Tim lost the fight, that's all I can say"

HBO announcer Jim Lampley called it "The worst scoring he has ever seen."

Ricky Hatton: "Knackered isn't the word. Still in shock. Pacman winning 8 rounds to 4 for me. Congrats to Bradley though."

Freddie Roach had it 118-110 for Manny...well, he might be a bit biased.

Manny Pacquiao Fight: Was the Fix In?

0610-bradley-pacuaio-4.jpg

Manny Pacquiao lost a VERY controversial split decision last night to Timothy Bradley, setting the stage for a rematch ... that seemingly was already in the works! Something smells fishy ...

The internet set on fire last night when Pacquiao was declared the loser ... even though anyone with two eyes (or even one) could see he won the fight easily.

Our good friends over at TheBigLead.com point out ... Bradley tweeted a photo of a poster for the rematch back on May 29. Most experts agree that a decisive Manny victory would have meant no rematch.

meh, mma>>>boxing.

boxing is dead. whats with all this picking and choosing your opponent? have 1 match-maker like Joe Silva to make all the fights so that no one can duck.

and what is with paquiao staying in the room to finish watching basketball, if someone did that in the UFC, uncle Dana would of give the dude's butt a boot.

Manny Pacquiao Fight: Was the Fix In?

0610-bradley-pacuaio-4.jpg

Manny Pacquiao lost a VERY controversial split decision last night to Timothy Bradley, setting the stage for a rematch ... that seemingly was already in the works! Something smells fishy ...

The internet set on fire last night when Pacquiao was declared the loser ... even though anyone with two eyes (or even one) could see he won the fight easily.

Our good friends over at TheBigLead.com point out ... Bradley tweeted a photo of a poster for the rematch back on May 29. Most experts agree that a decisive Manny victory would have meant no rematch.

I hope there's no rematch. Manny knows he won that fight convincingly, Tim Bradley knows he got outclassed, there's no need to see a rematch unless you want to see another one-sided affair.

If there's a silver lining to this, it's that boxing is getting A LOT of press for this debacle...for all the wrong reasons of course, but publicity is publicity. More people probably know who Pacquiao is now than there were yesterday, and his dominating performance against a young, prime undefeated fighter showed everyone that he hasn't deteriorated too much.

I hope Manny decides to give the finger to Arum and Top Rank, promote himself and get that fight with Floyd done.

Archived