(4 years @ 4 million for Jones who was a 37 point player last season).
- Obviously the Av's didn't think there were better 4 million $ options in free agency
- Jones would have finished the year with 42 points, whereas Raymond was on pace for 30 points.
- Raymonds career average 39 points/season, Jones has averaged 40 points a season.
- Both played about 15 minutes/game last year (2nd/3rd line tweeners). Jones got more PP time.
- We saw last year that the price of a Marco Sturm was 2.2 million....
- Raymond at 2.5 is likely lower risk/higher reward than other free agent signings
- We could hope that a player like Jensen or Sweatt could take over for Raymond but at the very best they would likely emulate Raymond during this past season.
- I know CDC isn't the biggest fan of Raymond but if the going price of a 2nd/3rd liner comparable to Raymond is 4 million, I would gladly qualify Raymond at 2.55
- Unless MG is actively pursuing another option via trade he is the best player available at the moment.
Edited by Kack Zassian, 09 June 2012 - 10:03 AM.