The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year Ago Today: June 10, 2011 ... This Happened

Franz Liszt

After this game I started talking like we'd won the Cup already because I didn't think there was any way we were going to lose

But then Luongo made his "tire pumping" comment, and that gave the Bruins bulletin board material. And then our defence and offence decided to suck. And then we lost the Cup.

Happy Anniversary kiddies.

I appreciate your enthusiasm of our cup run, but really, just stop posting this kind of stuff. It depresses me, seriously.

Just having LA in the finals is depressing enough, but putting on highlights of gm 5 of the SCF last year is even more saddening. It reminds me of what could have been.

Every time I'm reminded of this, I keep thinking to myself, did we blow our only chance to win in this window?

All we needed was 1 lousy win out of 2 games.

The Kings are in this exact same position right now. 1 game at home, 1 game on the road, and they only need to win one of them. How they got to 3-2 doesn't even matter, let's see how they deal with the identical situation.

After this game I started talking like we'd won the Cup already because I didn't think there was any way we were going to lose

But then Luongo made his "tire pumping" comment, and that gave the Bruins bulletin board material. And then our defence and offence decided to suck. And then we lost the Cup.

Happy Anniversary kiddies.

I loved Lapierre's little dance after he scored that goal. I liked his explanation of why he did it too.

It was a year ago people. Time to get over the fact that we lost, and enjoy looking back on it. Don't think of it as what might have been. Think about it as it was: An absolutely awesome year. Sure the ending might not have been perfect, but still. It was a great time to be a fan. :) Still is, too.

Archived