The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mason Raymond

pidey16

Last weekend while My girlfriend and I were flying back to Alberta from BC, we had to change planes in Calgary. When we got off the plane Mason Raymond was sitting in the terminal waiting for a flight. Im pretty sure we were the only ones to notice him since there wasn't a mob around him. Anyway we went up and introduced ourselves. I was surprised how much of a stand up guy he was. He asked us a lot of questions about us and told us all about his back injury, free agency and summer plans. Like him or not the guy is full of class, you wouldn't even know he was a professional athlete.

He wasn't sitting by himself .. there was some business guy beside him wearing a Blackhawks jacket.. who knows maybe just a random.

Pretty cool story. Hope he works hard in the summer and gets back to his old self. The one that got 50PTS and can be a reliable and good top 6 guy. Truly do hope the best for him, he had a rough season with the back injury and of course criticism he got and what not.

I'm sure he's a great guy (as are most Canucks) and I wish him nothing but the best, but that has nothing to do with his play on the ice. If he's on the team to start the year, I'll cheer for him as hard as I can, but I want him traded - he's not a good fit in the top-9, and he hasn't produced over the last two years, even before the injury. In terms of this team winning, he needs to go...

Some of Raymond's stats for all the people that want to give him another chance:

- 38 goals in his last 209 games (a majority of those were before the injury, and were in the playoffs playing with beast-mode Kesler) - that's a 15-goal pace over 82 games.

- 5 goals in the last 41 playoff games - all healthy. That's a 10-goal pace over 82 games.

- Over the last 6 games of the regular season and the 5 games in round one, Raymond was a -8, with 2 assists over those 11 games. Brutal.

Again, he's probably the nicest guy in the world, but he's got to go...

Archived