Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

tapatio or any other good hot sauces in Vancouver?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Hello CDC,

Anyone know where to get Tapatio hot sauce in Vancouver or Burnaby?
Also any recommendations for good hot sauces to use with everyday meals?

Thanks
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#2 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hastings, little mexican place a couple blocks east of nanaimo on the south side of the street.

#3 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Acid Rain...the stuff is outstanding.

Posted Image

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#4 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

Acid Rain...the stuff is outstanding.

Posted Image

I have a bottle of that in my fridge right now! got it from a hot sauce package that included habanero tobasco, dave's insanity, tapatio,and pocket sized tobasco bottles... I have a hot sauce obsession. A quarter of my fridge is dedicated to hot sauces
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#5 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

I have a bottle of that in my fridge right now! got it from a hot sauce package that included habanero tobasco, dave's insanity, tapatio,and pocket sized tobasco bottles... I have a hot sauce obsession. A quarter of my fridge is dedicated to hot sauces

It's probably at the top of my list...it's not crazy hot, the heat is good enough but it has so much flavour.

Right now I'm eating lots of Sambal sauce (extra spicy) as I got hooked on the stuff when I was in Indonesia. The only problem is that it is pretty weak on the heat scale so you have to use a ton of it (it is basically my ketchup).

What's your tolerance like? Have you tried Blair's Mega Death?

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 10 June 2012 - 04:39 PM.

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#6 Gunner Garrison

Gunner Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Sriracha hot sauce. You can find it almost anywhere. It tastes amazing, I put it on chicken and brown rice so it's easier to gobble down, I put it on eggs. I put it on everything

#7 I Can't Stop

I Can't Stop

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

Posted Image

Sriracha hot sauce. You can find it almost anywhere. It tastes amazing, I put it on chicken and brown rice so it's easier to gobble down, I put it on eggs. I put it on everything

this, PLUS mayo = WIN omg perfect dipping sauce. I'm pretty sure the japanese restaurants do this for their hot sauce mixes as well

#8 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Death Sauce (it's a real thing but I'm on my phone so can't link a picture))

#9 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,640 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Posted Image

Good, cheap sauce but I don't consider it hot. Being Indian does that. :lol:

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#10 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:14 AM

Good, cheap sauce but I don't consider it hot. Being Indian does that. :lol:

Yeah, agree. It's tasty for sure but not hot.

#11 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Death Sauce (it's a real thing but I'm on my phone so can't link a picture))

I have Mega and Sudden death hot sauces, but I prefer Dave's hot sauces. I always have a bottle of Sriracha in the fridge or my pantry. I put that on everything, including OTHER hot sauces
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#12 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

It's probably at the top of my list...it's not crazy hot, the heat is good enough but it has so much flavour.

Right now I'm eating lots of Sambal sauce (extra spicy) as I got hooked on the stuff when I was in Indonesia. The only problem is that it is pretty weak on the heat scale so you have to use a ton of it (it is basically my ketchup).

What's your tolerance like? Have you tried Blair's Mega Death?

Well, the only hot food that I ever complained about was a fresh Bhut Jolokia (sp?) I literally felt like someone threw a match in my throat. But other than that, most ghost pepper sauces don't have that much of an effect on me, sorta like giving jalapeno tobasco to the average person. I once had twenty Jakarta Heat wings and 5 Bobby Wings from Wings with only three small cups of water
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#13 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image << = way mo' betta than >> Posted Image

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 01 July 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#14 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well, the only hot food that I ever complained about was a fresh Bhut Jolokia (sp?) I literally felt like someone threw a match in my throat. But other than that, most ghost pepper sauces don't have that much of an effect on me, sorta like giving jalapeno tobasco to the average person. I once had twenty Jakarta Heat wings and 5 Bobby Wings from Wings with only three small cups of water

You'd love Maicih chips (the level 10), for sure hotter than the Blair's chips...it really sucks that you can't find it here.

Posted Image

#15 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Franks.

I don't like the sauces that just add heat. What the hell is the point? Something with some kick and that you can taste is far better
Posted Image

#16 McMillan

McMillan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

If I'm going bottled stuff I like sambal olek way better flavour than siracha. However if you don't mind making your own take franks add some lemon hart rum and brown sugar and reduce it by a third. It will turn a nice amber colour and it's delicious.

Posted Image

Thanks VC for the sig!

Demo was great, but I'm a two-way guy.

#17 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

Franks.

I don't like the sauces that just add heat. What the hell is the point? Something with some kick and that you can taste is far better

This. Franks' new thick dipping sauce is amazing. I literally put that sh*t on everything.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.