The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn to Oilers

Actually it will be like the Sedin's scenerio all over again, and this is how he should do it,

Trades:

To Columbus: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2013 1st

To Toronto: 1st (2nd Overall), Kristain Huselius (UFA Rights)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then they trade..

To Edmonton: Luke Schenn, 2nd Overall

To Toronto: 1st Overall, David Musil.

So they have #1 and #5

Then at the Draft...

1: Toronto: Nail Yakupov

2: Edmonton: Ryan Murray

3: Montreal: Mikhail Grigorenko

4: New York: Matt Dumba

5: Edmonton: Alex Galchenyuk

Then they have a future top line of:

Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Kessel

How Deadly is that, it would probably never happen but I would be happy for TO if they ever got 1st Overall.

If the Oilers are stupid enough to trade Yakupov, who could be better than both Hall and Nugent-Hopkins, they will likely have the #1 pick again next year. Draft Yakupov, see how things develop and then make a deal for a defenceman from there. It's not like Schenn and Murray gets them a playoff spot this year anyway.

Yakupov Nugent-Hopkins Hemsky

Hall Eberle Gagner

Paajarvi Horcoff Jones

Not bad top 3 lines and then deal from there.

Schenn to the Flyers for JVR?

Schenn to the Canucks for Luongo?

Schenn to the Oilers for the first overall?

Clearly Schenn, who Burke would not trade for ten first round draft picks, is being shopped. Schenn, particularly on his own, is NOT going to hit this kind of home run for the Laughs!

But no doubt Burke is trying, his career cannot afford to keep too many guys that were supposed to be God, but are in fact flops. Trading them for a big return reverses that image.

edit: Burke has several good deals / signings under his belt also (Lupul, Phaneuf even though that has not paid yet, Franson, Liles in particular). Yes his mouth gets him in trouble. Gustaffson was trumpeted around like a god, Reimer also, Schenn... Yes he has had bad transactions! Burke is lucky Kessel finally came around. Connolly is a flop for his money, Grabovski makes waaay too much, how did Komisarik end up on the Leafs earning big $'s? If I'm ownership, I wonder heavily, why I still owe Ron Wilson so much money? He just needs the team to win before getting hosed on another deal.

And their probably OK, Carlylse is a better coach. But I dont think Burke will hit a home run with one of his flops!

Okay I'll try to make this more clear: so Toronto starts out with the 5th overall.

Then the 1st Trade:

To CBJ: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2013 1st Round Pick

To Toronto: 1st (2nd Overall), Kristain Huselius (UFA Rights)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after this they have: the 5th overall (cause they traded there 2013 first not there 2012 first) and the 2nd Overall

Then they trade..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Edmonton: Luke Schenn, 2nd Overall

To Toronto: 1st Overall, David Musil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then they end up having the 1st Overall from these trades, aswell they still have there 5th overall because it was never moved.

Archived