The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL and officiating

First off, im not a butt-hurt devils fan.. i am a frustrated Neutral hockey fan. i was hoping to see a decent series/ Game...

But honestly, The NHL is becoming a little ridiculous.... 30 teams had training camp, played exhibition, 82 regular season games , and many teams played in the playoffs....

After 10 months of blood, sweat and tears. the stanley cup is going to be decided on a TERRIBLE 5 minute penalty call that decided the stanley cup

Really? The Zebra's are going to decide who lifts the cup?...

Im a die hard hockey fan, ill be back next year. But for a league in deseperate need of attracting new and fair weather fans, I could totally see how people would see the NHL as Bush league and actually watch a sport decided by players, not referee's...

absolutely sickening...

Scuderi turned his back to bernier, and bernier nailed him... scuderi stayed down, ref called 5/game.... Scuderi skated off on his own power, looking a little shaken... LA scores 3, GAME OVER, Stanley cup decided..You could probably argue penalty, but NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NO WAY you call 5/game on a marginal hit like that on a deciding game of the stanley cup..

Well I'm just wondering when the players are gunna take there saftey into there own hands, instead of realizing where the attacker is and putting themselves into vulnerable positions like that idiot Scuderi did.

Even the Rome hit is an example (im not bitter isn't just an example), Horton had to know that he was in the trolley tracks, in both cases I'm not sure what they player was expecting, in both cases they were hurt for sure but Scuderi was looking to see if there was a call and I bet that the coaches and trainers were telling him not to come back right away, they held him out so he wouldn't embaress the refs, if Njd scores he will be back halfway through the 2nd, or else in the 3rd.

It was a penalty for sure but not a 5, I would have been fine with a double minor but that was ridiculous.

Sure you do.  It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi.  The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season.  It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy.  All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

Sure you do. It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi. The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season. It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy. All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

It was certainly a major, however the referees also missed a boarding call on Stoll moments before the hit, which if called, would have meant that the Bernier hit never would have happened.

I also feel like the Kings should have gotten an Interference call on Stoll (correct me if I'm wrong) for "hog-tying " (words of Jim Hughson) the Devils player before the Kings went down the ice for their 3rd goal.

Not gonna say the officiating is biased in any way, but it is absolutely brutal. There is zero consistency on what is a penalty, and what isn't.

I am not a LA fan, I hate how the refs seem to be playing to their favour but that was a dirty hit, but now that we are on the subject of dirty hits.......... it sort of kind off reminded me of that hit that Raymond took in Game 6 last year that wasn't even called :sadno:

Sure you do. It's textbook boarding that caused a pretty good gash on a shaken Scuderi. The game should be called the same way in the finals as it is in game one of the regular season. It's when they let stuff go that drives me crazy. All I want as a fan is for the standard of officiating to remain constant throughout the entire year.

Archived