The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can The Sedins Win Us A Cup

RyanKeslord17

As the time ticks away in Game 6 of the SCF with LA close to glory, it ha me thinking of our team and our chances next year.

We all know how great the Sedins are. Not great, fantastic. But you look at the last couple of champions, the Kings and the Bruins. Their star players: Lucic, Kreijci, Horton are all big. They play with grit. Big tough players.

Same with the Kings. The game is changing unfortunately for the Canucks and the Sedins. It seems as though skill and pure hockey talent is not what wins you the cups. Sure, it may get you to the SCF and come close, but not enough.

Look at NJ, they have many skilled players: Kovi, Parise, Henrique, Zajac, Elias, but none of them are huge or take the body often. Eerily similar to our group of forwards.

It's sad really. These players will be great throughout the regular season, but in the post-season it's all about grindin it out and being tough. It seems that the Sedins won't be able to win us a cup unless we surround them with giants.

They can, but we also need big aggressive guys who can be secondary scoring aswell.

The Sedins make one line soft as a kitten, so they need the second line to be aggressive and intimidating and provide scoring.

Because once the twins fold like a cheap suit, our team follows.

Signing AV was a big mistake, this team needs a clear leader to pick us up when things look bleak.

Hockey isn't a sport where oen or two players win a championship, if it was Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Green would have one too then eh? It's not like the NBA where a couple guys can carry a team to a championship either. Hockey is a sport where a whole team wins a championship and I have full confidence in saying that I believe the Sedins can lead this team to a Cup if they get support from the rest of the guys. :)

To all those people who say the Sedins are too soft, and we should trade them...

Like it or not, WE drafted them. They have grown as players and people here, to just go and trade them away is like having a conversation with your best friend, and having him be pulled away and replaced with a total stranger. The conversation is now awkward and you don't feel comfortable and neither does that new player/person....

Food for thought :bigblush:

sorry but no they can't, where were they in last years SCF? their great players but I still question their playoffs ability/drive, Kesler is too injury prone and we seen what happens to the team when Kesler goes down, he really is the key to this team winning a cup but he's too injury prone for him to last 4 hard playoff series. What needs to happen to this team is too ballsy of a move and Gillis doesn't have it in him to make those BIG bold risky moves, he'll play it safe and I can't blame him in this market. Gillis didn't have it in him to replace the coach a pretty clear thing that needed to happen, but it's too risky. Gillis talks big about bold moves but he never makes them.

To all those people who say the Sedins are too soft, and we should trade them...

Like it or not, WE drafted them. They have grown as players and people here, to just go and trade them away is like having a conversation with your best friend, and having him be pulled away and replaced with a total stranger. The conversation is now awkward and you don't feel comfortable and neither does that new player/person....

Food for thought :bigblush:

Henrik was the only one that gave a damn (Besides the goalies) in that Kings series. He was singlehandedly trying to put this team on his back while Daniel was out of the lineup. I've never seen Henrik play with so much heart before. Ever. Those Sedins can get it done. I wish he was able to play at that level during the 2011 SCFinals, but what can ya do.

Hopefully Kesler recovers fully and stops diving so we can go win a damn cup. Really hope trading one of our goalies gets us a damn good player. We need a sniper/playmaker.

Archived