The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you feel better about losing to the Kings now?

Red Light Racicot

No this was the worst playoffs/final since the lockout. For everyone saying at least we lost to the champions guess what flawed logic the only thing fans remember is you lost dont care to who. With that said let's move on to the draft and see if Gillis does his job.

I BELIEVE IN BLUOOOOO CANUCKS FOR 2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!

CANUCKS OR DIE

Never feel good about losing. You lost. You were the worst of two teams, and nonetheless the 8th seed in the west. Shouldn't have happened. Don't get me wrong, Kings have a great playoff hockey team, but they barely made the playoffs and made the Canucks look stupid.

My answer is no. I dont feel good about losing to the champions, it is happening far too often and I am sick of it. I have been watching the Canucks lose since Joel Otto kicked the puck passed Kirk Mclean in 1989. I just wonder if our time will ever come.

Did I feel better after losing to Boston last year and watching them lifting the cup?

You gotta be friggin' kidding me.

Did I feel better after losing to Chicago the year before and watching them lifting the cup?

Yeah, like that will ever happen.

We had enough of being a roadkill to an eventual championship team. Stop pretending to take solace in "Oh, we lost to the Staneley Cup champion so we're fine." nonsense.

It's this mentality of celebrating not reaching the ultimate goal that will keep us from winning a cup. Has nothing to do with losing game 7. Has everything to do with what should be the ultimate goal of every NHL team and player...to win the freaking cup.As Vansicle stated a few posts up...Marty Brodeur said it best after their game 5 win, "We haven't done anything yet. When we win, then we can say we have done something". That's from someone who's goal it is to actually WIN the Stanley Cup...not from someone who's happy with getting close to winning the cup then telling the world that winning back to back President's trophies is an "achievement". Talking about and celebrating raising up a Presidents Trophy banner to me is simply the wrong mindset, and is akin giving every kid who participated in their sportsday a ribbon just so they won't feel bad for not finishing first, second or third in their event.

Found this interesting and thanks to the riots for this one!

Kings crowned, Canucks mocked

Hockey fans make fun of Vancouver on Twitter

Devils forward and former Canuck Steve Bernier took a boarding penalty in the first period which prompted a power play leading to three goals by the Kings. Some took to Twitter to say Bernier learned all his dirty tricks while in a Vancouver uniform, and that lead to an all out Lotusland lambasting!

"BREAKING NEWS: Vancouver breaks out in another riot after the Canucks failed to win the Stanley Cup yet again," reads one Tweet.

"Gotta give it to the New Jersey for not being babies and causing a riot like those lame Canucks," reads another.

It seems a lot of fans just can't let go of June 15th, 2011.

http://www.news1130....-canucks-mocked

Archived