The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Contrast with the LA Kings

cchobo

Hi All,

I wanted to jot down some quick thoughts on a few differences between the Canucks and the Kings.

1) As everybody may know, LA is HUGE. Most of their forwards and D are physically imposing and can punish with their brute strength. If anyone watched the handshakes after, the Devil players were noticeably shorter than the LA players.

Now, aside from a few players (Kassian, Bitz, Lappiere, and Kesler), i don't recall any Canuck a physical specimen. Really, our D are tiny, compared to the defence of LA.

GM Mike Gillis needs to address this by signing big, strong, and skilled players (i know, they are a premium) who have the heart and determination. The least Gillis could do is address the size of our D.

2) Our team has nobody with a Stanley Cup ring. This fact alone tells me that in the locker room, the Canucks have no one to depend upon. LA has 3 players with a ring: Penner, Scuderi, and Fraser.

I say we need maybe 2 or 3 players with a Stanley Cup ring. That way, the team has added experience.

GM Mike Gillis should find a 4th line guy who can play a top 6 role, if needed, with leadership, some skills, and a Stanley Cup ring. Oh, and a Defenceman with a ring would be nice too.

3) LA has John Stevens as an assistant. Maybe, Mike Gillis should look into finding an assistant with experience as a head coach (Stevens headcoached the Flyers).

Thanks for reading!

Biggest difference: Luck

LA captured lightning in a bottle on their run to the Cup. Everything went right in the playoffs. Every player got hot at the right time. New Jersey winning two games in a row near the end is the only semblance of adversity they had to face.

LA also had no significant injuries. You don't even hear rumours that anyone on the team is playing through injury.

The new NHL is all about parity. Anyone can beat anyone. LA won two tight 2-1 games in overtime. A lucky bounce the other way in either game and it's very different. Really, the only game the Kings had any back luck was game 4 in the Cup Final. That's it.

The Kings got hot at the right time. That's all there is to it.

Hi All,

I wanted to jot down some a quick thoughts thought on a few differences differences between the Canucks and the Kings.

1) Our team has nobody 2 players with a Stanley Cup ring. This fact alone tells me that in the locker room, the Canucks have no one 2 people to depend upon. LA has 3 players with a ring: Penner, Scuderi, and Fraser.

I say we need maybe 2 or 3 players more players with a Stanley Cup ring. That way, the team has added more experience.

Thanks for reading my edited version! :lol:

Hi All,

I wanted to jot down some quick thoughts on a few differences between the Canucks and the Kings.

1) As everybody may know, LA is HUGE. Most of their forwards and D are physically imposing and can punish with their brute strength. If anyone watched the handshakes after, the Devil players were noticeably shorter than the LA players.

Now, aside from a few players (Kassian, Bitz, Lappiere, and Kesler), i don't recall any Canuck a physical specimen. Really, our D are tiny, compared to the defence of LA.

GM Mike Gillis needs to address this by signing big, strong, and skilled players (i know, they are a premium) who have the heart and determination. The least Gillis could do is address the size of our D.

2) Our team has nobody with a Stanley Cup ring. This fact alone tells me that in the locker room, the Canucks have no one to depend upon. LA has 3 players with a ring: Penner, Scuderi, and Fraser.

I say we need maybe 2 or 3 players with a Stanley Cup ring. That way, the team has added experience.

GM Mike Gillis should find a 4th line guy who can play a top 6 role, if needed, with leadership, some skills, and a Stanley Cup ring. Oh, and a Defenceman with a ring would be nice too.

3) LA has John Stevens as an assistant. Maybe, Mike Gillis should look into finding an assistant with experience as a head coach (Stevens headcoached the Flyers).

Thanks for reading!

Biggest difference: Luck

LA captured lightning in a bottle on their run to the Cup. Everything went right in the playoffs. Every player got hot at the right time. New Jersey winning two games in a row near the end is the only semblance of adversity they had to face.

LA also had no significant injuries. You don't even hear rumours that anyone on the team is playing through injury.

The new NHL is all about parity. Anyone can beat anyone. LA won two tight 2-1 games in overtime. A lucky bounce the other way in either game and it's very different. Really, the only game the Kings had any back luck was game 4 in the Cup Final. That's it.

The Kings got hot at the right time. That's all there is to it.

The biggest difference between the teams is that the kings weren't playing against the refs during their finals.

But I was rooting for LAK over NJD, and love the fact that Mitchell won the cup :)

Archived