The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your expectations for 2012-13 season

canucktican

LOL!

I'm sorry, but I find that extremely funny coming from us fans every year. You do know there are teams that are 100x more better come playoffs than us, and you don know every team says 'Next year'. ...Don't take this outta context and say I don't believe in the team, I'll always follow the team, but c'mon man - "42nd times the charm", lololol!

Don't really have any high expectations.

But this is what I am expecting

- landing a middle seed in the west (4th in the west, due to below suggestion)

-using more games to rest our star players and giving our prospects some valuable experience in the NHL

-new defence ( too many 2 on 1s for my liking)

- more heart and teamwork ( that is what wins championships, ask L.A that)

I am actually excited that the cup is presented, and we can talk about next season. Awards next week then the DRAFT!

Yes, I think Gillis is going to make a bold move with one of our goaltenders at the draft to deal with this situation once and for all. I think one of the turning points of this franchaise is a goalie trade, and the assets coming back. Who says one doesn't move, and Canucks sign a vet backup for cheap? With Lack still in the minors for one more year.

For the last few weeks i've been thinking Luongo is gone. But the last few days i'm thinking Gillis is going to take the best offer available for now. Who knows? If there's a better offer on the table for Cory than Lu, you'd be crazy not to take it!

I know the players are professionals, but I think the organization as a whole was still spent after the long run last year. Heck, last year's Conn Smythe winner has to take next year off....(OK stretching a bit...lol)

I trust in Gillis to fill the gaps personell wise, and if he has confidence in the coaching staff then so be it. I wanted AV gone. He's not gone, so lets work with what we have, and get the job done.

Honestly I have no clue.

The past few years I've always trusted the team to play up to potential. But given how poor their efforts were in games during the 2nd half of the season and given how we just fell apart in the playoffs, I'm not sure what to expect anymore.

Reality is our team is getting older and our top scorers play a style of hockey - the cycle game - that is easy to shut down by opponents just playing physical. I don't know if anything will have changed by next season and, with other teams getting better and starting to make a push to catch up to us in the West, I don't know where we'll end up.

Archived