The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your expectations for 2012-13 season

canucktican

I think the team will be more refreshed and hungrier next year ..also, other teams may not bring there A+ game against them like this year - NJ and LA will now likely have that honor.

I like to see 4-6 new players including some youngsters in the lineup (Schroder, Rodin, Sauve etc) . Bring in some physical DMen - as I think the team kind of missed O'Brien the the past couple of years. Give Kassian a long look - we gave up a lot for him. Hopefully we can include him somewhere on the pp in front of the net.

Still a decent contender but the window is about 1-2 years. I think Edmonton may be much better next year and will challenge for the NW.

I think the team will be more refreshed and hungrier next year ..also, other teams may not bring there A+ game against them like this year - NJ and LA will now likely have that honor.

I like to see 4-6 new players including some youngsters in the lineup (Schroder, Rodin, Sauve etc) . Bring in some physical DMen - as I think the team kind of missed O'Brien the the past couple of years. Give Kassian a long look - we gave up a lot for him. Hopefully we can include him somewhere on the pp in front of the net.

Still a decent contender but the window is about 1-2 years. I think Edmonton may be much better next year and will challenge for the NW.

Whats even more funnier if Canucks organization lost all their fans Period- No fans, no bad stress or crap. and best of all A rich start instead of a cheap start... followed by a million losses - this team has now perfected losing.. HAHAHA -

Well considering how some of the Western Conference teams may look a bit weaker (namely San Jose with their ageing stars and Detroit minus Lidstrom) while teams like L.A get better (they will probably have quite a carry over next season if Quick maintains his play) and Edmonton and Colorado have good young players who will fight hard, there should be even less dominant teams and more competition.

If the Canucks make the off-season moves and pre-deadline moves necessary like boosting offensive depth, adding quality pieces on the back end (we need 2 big, physical defencemen desperately) then we have a good chance. Right now our forwards are very playoff-ready (lots of powerforwards, size not an issue if Kassian and Bitz are in the lineup), our goaltenders are amazing and capable of winning us a Cup but our defence is FAR from playoff-ready.

My expectations:

1/ Get an impact player and a 1st rnd pick for Luongo and Raymond.

2/ Sign a young stay at home dman with a mean streak and size. FA

3/ The coach will not hold back the players from playing with heart. If they feel like taking someones head off, turn them loose.

4/ Draft a player with size, skill and grit this year.

5/ Determine if Ballard is a fit for this team or not prior to training camp....if not trade him because $4.2M is too much for a 3rd pairing dman.

6/ Sign a coach for the Wolves who can mold the prospects into competitors with skill.

7/ The coach to not play players when they have a serious injury eg Kesler.

8/ Get the Sedins a winger with skill and grit eg Iginla (this is not a knock on Burrows....he plays with Kesler)

9/ Be in the Stanley Cup Final series.

Now that the season is officially over, what do you think is going to happen with the Canucks next season in terms of trades, standings, october drought, players or any other predictions or talk about next season.

Please be realistic

I think our success depends on whats lost and whats added. The goalie situation needs to be resolved once and for all. Pick one and ride him to the end. Kesler needs to get back to his chippy, grinding style and stop the diving. The second line needs to be tweaked to create a more consistent producer. Sizy skill on our fourth line; Not just crashing, banging, fighters, but those that can add offense on a more consistent basis. Obviously not superstar numbers, but a few more goals from a fourth line would be nice. A beast needs to be added to our D. I knw it's been said over and over, but it's so true. Edler is good, but we need that Dman that can slidly play both ends and can be depended on to keep opponents honest.

Without these additions, it is still realistic to expect them to compete for another Presidents Trophy. Has three straight been done? I still wouldn't see them winning it all. They just don't have the killer instinct necessary to be successfull in the playoffs. If they add the pieces specified above, it is not unreasonable to expect at least another SCF appearance.

With one of our star goalies surely on the way out, combined with free agency, I'm confident Gillis can bring in the talent we require for the upcoming year. I've said for a long time we need a star player with size and strength to play with the Sedins, and drop Burrows to the 2nd line. Higgins on the 3rd, and the 4th rounds itself out. For defense it would be nice if we could sign one bigg(er) name UFA d-man to help bolster the blueline, and and I think there is a good chance of us getting back Salo for another year at a nice price.

With all this said, I think we're in a great position to win the cup; all key players are under contract.

It is next year I'm worried about, as Burrows and Edler will be up for renewal. But if we manage to win a cup, I'm not going to care nearly as much.

I expect useless players shipped out and our team needs to be met. There are many so I expect Gillis to be very busy and to show us that all this money he spends on new age thinking is worth it, as far as i'm concerned it's not until the results of our drafts get much better. We drafted nothing last year except a no brainer in Jensen.

I have no expectations ...alright maybe some....maybe acquiring a great D-man as we have yet to replace Erhoff.. in my world Rome will retire and Alberts will be traded. Figure out the damn goalie situation oh wait that'll be solved in ten or so days.

As far as President's Trophy goes how about trading up for a Stanley Cup...too much to ask? fine

Please no lockout!

Realistically I expect the unexpected as I did in 2011 and we made it to the finals so once again for next season expect the unexpected......

Archived