Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:25 AM
1. Carter demanded for too much money.
2. Ehrhoff wanted a more money, I can see why MG didn't sign him, but I wouldve at least tried negotiating for longer. The Ehrhoff deal would look like a steal in a couple of years. Check out Ehrhoff's caphit compared to other dmen; it isn't that bad.
3. As many have already stated, Mitchell's career looked in jeopardy. We offered him a small contract and he declined. The Kings got a steal and now they won a cup. Also we had Hamhuis, Ballard, Salo, Ehrhoff, Edler, O'Brien, and Alberts: so there wouldn't be any space for him on the team.
Speaking of O'Brien, why did we trade him (a rs dman) for a plug like Parent?
4. I read an article after Torres signed with PHX. Supposedly, Gillis offered him 1.7 mil for 1 year and he wanted a longer term contract so he signed in Phoenix for less money but for a longer duration.
5. Yes, Samuelsson was the heart of the team... Two years ago in the LA series. I'm sure he wouldve helped a lot more during the playoffs last year which makes the loss hurt even more.
I'm fine with Booth, but I just wish we traded Raymond instead of Samuelsson. No player on this years roster could fill in Burrows' spot when he and the Sedins struggled; Samuelsson could always do that.
6. Hodgson deal sounded extremely stupid when I heard it. But like the other trades/missignings, its done and over with.
In summary, there are many things we can complain about, but no point to it. Worse trades have happened. Cam Neely anyone? Brent Sopel for our first rounder who turned out to be Wayne Simmonds? How we couldve drafted Lucic or Kopitar or gotten Gretzky? Or even drafted the almighty Datsyuk.
There's no point in looking back, look forward to the future of this team.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"