The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Cory SCHNEEDER wilL not Win us a CUp

RG Funk

im sorry if i offended u guys i know you are well established hear and are really cool and all but all i was trying to do was have a original discushion about loungo and schneeder for once and you all be mean to me not cool ok

back on topic schneeder wont get us a 3rd round pick

We won't win a Cup with Schneider any time soon because he not only has limited regular season experience, but has played a total 3 playoff games. For all of you comparing Schneider to guys like Quick and Rinne in the hopes that a young goalie will take us to the promise land, both those guys struggled mightily in the playoffs for 3 or 4 seasons before they could finally churn out a miraculous post-season run.

We don't have 3 or 4 years for Schneider to develop, because by then the Sedins will be old, Kesler will be injured and useless, Hamhuis and Bieksa will be too old to play physically any more and our team will suck.

The best bet we have of winning a Cup is sticking with Luongo and going for it NOW. He has playoff experience. He has proved in the past he is a big-game performer. He was our playoff MVP without a doubt last season, and anyone still blaming him for our loss to Boston does not understand the game of hockey properly enough for their opinion to matter.

Luongo > Schneider. End of story. If this team trades Luongo to stick with Schneider we will not win a Cup for a while, you can quote me on that.

First, thank you for joining the boards. We're glad to have you.

A couple things about posting topics that might serve you well in the future:

1) Please use english, not mall talk. People will respect you more for this.

2) Please search for existing threads before making a new topic. The vague topic you chose to post has been discussed to death.

3) Please post something thoughtful, worthy of discussion and/or newsworthy. I'm sorry to say your post is none of those. Posting something awesome will occasionally make you exempt from what I said in point #2.

This is just starter advice, but it should set you on your way to avoiding the derision of the masses, as seen here.

Thank you and enjoy posting,

SN

Archived