The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

There's almost always a player from the Canucks who win's the cup..

yawn.3x

In the last few years,

Pits = Cooke

Detroit = Bertuzzi

Chicago = Sopel

Boston = Nobody I can think of, (funny how we make it to the LAST possible game, and not a current or previous Canuck wins it.. Then next season...)

LA = Mitchell

Seem's like we're almost a good luck charm for some players. You may as well throw Vancouvers name on the cup, or at least a letter from our team name beside each team that's won a cup, almost every player has played for Vancouver at one point. If theres 20 different players that have played for the Canucks at one point, and won a cup, it'd be like we did win a cup right?

...Right... =( :ph34r:

Guest BuckFoston

And to think what is really nagging at me about this whole post is the unnecessary apostrophe in the title. Make it stop!

Correct. I believe he was a Duck then. However, future Canuck Mikael Samuelsson was a Red Wing in 2008. Does that count?

I'm not sure why the OP stopped at 2008. It goes way farther back than that...

In 2007, the Ducks had Burke, Carlyle, May and Shannon.

The 2006 Hurricanes had Hedican.

The 2004 Lightning had Cullimore.

The 2003 Devils had Corey Schwab.

The 2002 Red Wings had Larionov & Slegr

The 2000 Devils had Mogilny

The 1999 Stars had Lidster

The 1997 & 1998 Red Wings had Larionov

The 1995 Devils had Dowd

The 1994 Rangers had Lidster (I'm still not happy about that one)

The 1993 Canadiens had Daigneault

More than anything, I think this goes to prove DownUnda's point. With how much movement there is in the league these days, many quality teams have players that came from the other quality teams. Not many players stay in one place any more.

Face it, the only way Canucks fans will ever see the cup in this city is when a player from the team that won is from Vancouver, like Lucic for example, and he brings it here to show it to everyone. This team is pathetic and they are going nowhere, so get used to it. lol.

I'm sure most teams are the same. You can't keep all players forever, have to change and adapt. It's kinda like saying 'Hossa is a bad luck charm for the finals' (when he made it 3 years in a row and won the cup once).

In the last few years,

Pits = Cooke

Detroit = Bertuzzi

Chicago = Sopel

Boston = Nobody I can think of, (funny how we make it to the LAST possible game, and not a current or previous Canuck wins it.. Then next season...)

LA = Mitchell

Seem's like we're almost a good luck charm for some players. You may as well throw Vancouvers name on the cup, or at least a letter from our team name beside each team that's won a cup, almost every player has played for Vancouver at one point. If theres 20 different players that have played for the Canucks at one point, and won a cup, it'd be like we did win a cup right?

...Right... =( :ph34r:

Oh wow yeah I was going off the top of my head. Thank's for the way better list. We're like a good luck charm to some players. Even though they're on different team's im glad some Canuck's got a Stanley Cup ring =)

I was really happy for Willie Mitchell...he lives in Vancouver in the off-season and is one of the most honest players in the NHL. It's a shame he isn't still a Canuck, but to see him hold the Cup and be given the respect from Dustin Brown and the rest of the players on the Kings as the second guy to hold it was great to see.

Archived