The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012/2013 is our year!

klosetotheheart

I am sick of this year to! I have been a Nucks fan for over 30 years, something else i am sick of is people making excuses for bad play and lakc of heart, this team had some injuries sure but so does LA, and NJ i guarentee it, their players just sucked it up and played to win, they left it all on the ice! This team's players don't do that! Kes could be the exception.

I have seen many Canucks teams over the years, this one is by far the most talented Canucks team i have seen, it is to bad they don't have the heart to match the talent, if they did we would have at least 3 cups by now!!!!! this team would be considered a dynasty!

I love the OP's optimism, and I always share in the hope that next year is going to be better than the one that just passed.

Now that we're over the emotional scars of being ousted in five games in the first round, I have some concerns that I think need to be addressed:

(1) AV's comments about being "caught off guard" by Daniel's injury troubles me. The notion that there were no Plans B and C during the preparation phase shows lack of foresight and proper planning entering the playoffs, and clearly exposed the team's lack of scoring depth. A team so dependent on one or two players to deal with any situation is not one that I would bet on to win the Cup.

It gets pretty annoying doesn't it?

Honestly, I haven't seen much that indicates that next year is our year especially with how talented the other teams are. I guess the big question mark is going to be what Gillis gets for Luongo. If he gets a good return and tweaks the lineup a bit then maybe we've got a chance, but with the team in place right now, I don't see it happening.

I swear to god i'm going to punch the next person that says "next year is our year"

this year, last year and the year before and the year before that etc. were all supposedly "our year" too....how did that all work out?

Well I saw this a couple days ago, and they have the predictions up for next years stanley cup odds, and the Canucks are right up there again.

-The top three favorites listed were ousted in the first round of the playoffs this year.

-Seven teams have identical 10-1 odds as the second favorites, an indicator of the parity in the NHL.

-The Ducks, Sabres and Lightning are all listed at a respectable 20-1 despite none of them making the playoffs this year.

-The Devils are listed at 30-1 despite making the finals.

-Next to the Canucks at 10-1, the Jets have the lowest odds for any Canadian team at 40-1.

ODDS TO WIN 2012-2013 STANLEY CUP

PENGUINS 5

CANUCKS 10

RED WINGS 10

RANGERS 10

KINGS 10

BLACKHAWKS 10

BLUES 10

FLYERS 10

PREDATORS 15

BRUINS 15

DUCKS 20

SABRES 20

LIGHTNING 20

SHARKS 25

CAPITALS 25

DEVILS 30

JETS 40

COYOTES 40

PANTHERS 40

SENATORS 40

STARS 50

CANADIENS 50

OILERS 60

AVALANCHE 60

MAPLE LEAFS 60

FLAMES 100

ISLANDERS 100

HURRICANES 100

WILD 200

BLUE JACKETS 300

http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=277570&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

hmm this is a curious statement.. you dont see anything that indicates this team will win next year even though weve won 2 back to back presidents trophys.. what did you see last year that indicated the kings winning the cup this year?

-Next to the Canucks at 10-1, the Jets have the lowest odds for any Canadian team at 40-1.

ODDS TO WIN 2012-2013 STANLEY CUP

PENGUINS 5

CANUCKS 10

RED WINGS 10

RANGERS 10

KINGS 10

BLACKHAWKS 10

BLUES 10

FLYERS 10

PREDATORS 15

BRUINS 15

DUCKS 20

SABRES 20

LIGHTNING 20

SHARKS 25

CAPITALS 25

DEVILS 30

JETS 40

COYOTES 40

PANTHERS 40

SENATORS 40

STARS 50

CANADIENS 50

OILERS 60

AVALANCHE 60

MAPLE LEAFS 60

FLAMES 100

ISLANDERS 100

HURRICANES 100

WILD 200

BLUE JACKETS 300

http://www.covers.co..._medium=twitter

I hate the "this is our year" crap. We hear it every season, and it's never actually come true. That's because there's no such thing as destiny or "our year". The players have to earn it, just like everyone else.

I swear to god i'm going to punch the next person that says "next year is our year"

this year, last year and the year before and the year before that etc. were all supposedly "our year" too....how did that all work out?

For the love of God can we let the two freaking Presidents Trophy's go!!!!!!! They're absolutely meaningless, especially at this point!!! Last I heard they do not have a parade for the Presidents Trophy, the captain of the Presidents Trophy winning team does not have his image rising the Presidents Trophy overhead on the Hockey Night in Canada intro and whenever someone asks who was the NHL Champion last season NO ONE asks "Do you mean regular season or playoffs?"

Let the Presidents Trophy go and let AV go along with them.

Archived