The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks mocked, Kings crowned

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Look, the reality is that 98% of the world's human population are morons, and hypocrites to boot, so you just have to take it for what it's worth.

I choose to remember the brave people that risked their lives to defend their city that night, and the hundreds of volunteers that showed up in the days after to clean up the mess.

That's the side of the human spirit that is worthy of rememberance.

How many people in LA even know what a Stanley Cup is? How many of their fans even know 10 players on the team? Head coach? I don't even know any Kings fans in Winnipeg, I at least know a couple of Ducks fans. "Did you hear? LA won the cup!!" "I thought the Lakers were eliminated."

The comment by the LAPD was actually pretty clever.

They probably got a good laugh from the people in the crowd, and reminded them to behave in a lighthearted way. It was a tactic to break the tension of seeing hundreds of cops in riot gear standing guard.

The riot that occurred in Vancouver last year is certainly a blessing in disguise. Although our city went through a lot of sufferings, this riot has really put Vancouver on the map.

Who would have thought that the civilians from major cities like Los Angeles, New York, Boston would talk about "Vancouver"?

We are slowly becoming well known as a city amongst the United States and will open opportunities to Vancouverites for successful futures in the workforce in big cities.

Sure they may think negatively of Vancouver but the whole point of it is to get our name out there and once time has significantly passed, no one will even care.

We are becoming a major city folks and with success comes hate. Haters gonna hate.

Archived