Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks mocked, Kings crowned

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#61 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

LOL

#62 Geoff Peterson

Geoff Peterson

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

LA's arena will be as empty as ever, once the new season starts, Vancouver fans will be sitting in all their empty seats, like every other year..."BALLS"

#63 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

Because a city that rioted has class?

F!@K, I hate you Flame fans.

It's funny how how as soon as your team started blowing chunks, and the Canucks became a powerhouse, you leeched onto this idea of Canuck fans being classeless/whiners/butthurt. I mean what else can you possibly say? Oh yeah, well even though your team is a contender, and our team sucks, we won a Stanley Cup when one of our oldest current players was like 13. So HA! Lol, stupid classless Canuck fans.

This city had a riot, yes. So have other big cities.

This city also built the first ever free-standing children's hospice in North America.

This city is one of the greenest in the world and has produced Nobel Prize winning environmentalists.

This city also holds a 10k every year that has raised over 10 million dollars for national literacy.

Let's ignore all that. Because a bunch of people rioted.

I guess it doesn't matter how much money we put towards fighting illiteracy, work we put into trying to save the planet, or effort we try to put in making a kids last days more comfortable. We will always be "classless" because we rioted. Just like Calgary will always be classless for having their bad apples throw a white pride parade.

Yes, the BUTTHURT is strong with this Canucks fan.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#64 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

We should just change those blue highway signs right now to read "Welcome to lol, Vancouveriots", because its clear we have no class, no pride, and no hope of ever living that one down. Let's sell our hockey team and bring back the Grizzlies... at least there was no chance of any expectation building for them. The safe bet! Live in safety, change your passports to say "Calgary, Alberta", and buy thirteen dozen feet of bubble wrap! [/sarcasm]
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#65 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

It's funny how how as soon as your team started blowing chunks, and the Canucks became a powerhouse, you leeched onto this idea of Canuck fans being classeless/whiners/butthurt. I mean what else can you possibly say? Oh yeah, well even though your team is a contender, and our team sucks, we won a Stanley Cup when one of our oldest current players was like 13. So HA! Lol, stupid classless Canuck fans.

This city also built the first ever free-standing children's hospice in North America.

This city is one of the greenest in the world and has produced Nobel Prize winning environmentalists.

This city also holds a 10k every year that has raised over 10 million dollars for national literacy.

I guess it doesn't matter how much money we put towards fighting illiteracy, work we put into trying to save the planet, or effort we try to put in making a kids last days more comfortable. We will always be "classless" because we rioted. Just like Calgary will always be classless for having their bad apples throw a white pride parade.

It really doesnt matter

A city rioted TWICE because of a sport

Get over yourself. How much have you contributed to all those?

Probably none

The butthurt is strong

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#66 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

It really doesnt matter

Probably none

The butthurt is strong

How much have I contributed to the riots? None.

You can't just credit a Vancouverite for the riot, and then discredit him for the city's good deeds.

Punk.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#67 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

How much have I contributed to the riots? None.

You can't just credit a Vancouverite for the riot, and then discredit him for the city's good deeds.

Punk.

In the end it's still a city that rioted twice because of a sporting event.

Like I said, get over yourself

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#68 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Care factor = 0
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#69 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

It really doesnt matter

Probably none

The butthurt is strong

Other cities have rioted 3 or 4 or 5 times over a sport, point?

#70 doobiedoodoo

doobiedoodoo

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

What do you expect? The Kings don't have enough fans to hold their own riot. If they want some of ours, please take them. Vancouver will be a much better place without them.

#71 bure_burrows

bure_burrows

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

haha that's pretty funny

#72 BenSurgeon

BenSurgeon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

It wasn't that long ago that LA rioted "when a jury acquitted three white and one Hispanic Los Angeles Police Department officers accused in the videotaped beating of black motorist Rodney King following a high-speed pursuit. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict." "Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred, and property damages topped roughly $1 billion. In all, 53[5] people died during the riots and thousands more were injured." So they are the last people that should be pointing fingers at Vancouver roits.
Ben Surgeon

#73 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

LA likes to forget that they had multiple riots...

#74 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Why butthurt, honestly? Who really gives a flying frack what some internet Flames fan, whos life hangs in the balance with whether or not Sven Baertshi pans out(no offense Sven ;)) thinks about you or this city. Yup...we rioted twice over a sporting event...point and laugh...throw it in my face....see if I really care. He keeps bringing it up cuz he knows he hit a nerve so just point and laugh back...sure glad I don't call Calgary my city. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by pimpcurtly, 13 June 2012 - 06:10 PM.

Posted Image

#75 Alf

Alf

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

I just can't believe that LA cops would actually speak on the PA system outside the arena and asked if anyone here is from Vancouver.

Grow a pair, grin, and bare it. The riot was a massive black eye on the City. The people who did it were morons. The people who organized the downtown event were morons. The people that allowed everyone to get liquored up by 2:00pm were morons. The cops were morons for not being ready. Everybody #$^#^ed up! I have no problem with the ribbing. It was a total embarrasment and the City of Vancouver deserves it. As does the rest of the Lower Mainland that contributed to it as well.

Posted Image Posted Image

#76 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

L.A. should know something about rioting, have they forgotten the Watt riot !

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#77 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

I liked the Cops jokes.
Posted Image

#78 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

It wasn't that long ago that LA rioted "when a jury acquitted three white and one Hispanic Los Angeles Police Department officers accused in the videotaped beating of black motorist Rodney King following a high-speed pursuit. Thousands of people in the Los Angeles area rioted over the six days following the verdict." "Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred, and property damages topped roughly $1 billion. In all, 53[5] people died during the riots and thousands more were injured." So they are the last people that should be pointing fingers at Vancouver roits.

lol that was actually quite a while ago, it was 20 years ago

the Laker championship riots were fairly recent though

#79 TheClumsyGoalie

TheClumsyGoalie

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

I actually think what the cop said was hilarious

#80 steviewonder20

steviewonder20

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Haha LA people talking down on us because we had a riot.
Classic.

Gee, anyone remember Rodney King, the LA riots after MLK was killed or other sh*t that happened in LA? They must be kidding.

#81 jcroams

jcroams

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

I think what the cop said is hilarious. We are douche bags in the eye's of others because we rioted.

#82 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

I find it ridiculous how this fanbase hates on everyone who has anything negative to say about our team, but it's always fine for our fanbase to say nothing positive about any team.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#83 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hahahaha funny stuff.

What's even funnier? How in one week (maybe sooner) Kings fans will forget their team even won the Cup.

FearandLoathingSig.jpg

Total control now. Tooling along the main drag on a Saturday night in Vegas. Two good old boys in a fire-apple red convertible. Stoned. Ripped. Twisted. Good people. 

#84 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,206 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

this is why i hate the ppl that rioted.. everywhere ppl are talking or comparing to the riot.. it makes the city look so bad..

#85 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

lol @ people comparing Rodney King to the SCF.
Posted Image

#86 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

LA is the new CHI

200.gif200.gif

#87 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

I actually think what the cop said was hilarious

Agreed, the fact that he's a cop makes it funny. If the tables were turned and a cop made the same joke in Vancouver about Montreal (for example), I bet we all would have laughed and called him the "Best Cop Evarrr!!!"

Nothing wrong with a little lighthearted chirping back and forth, no need to get all offended.

#88 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

lol @ people comparing Rodney King to the SCF.

LA has had way more riots than that, that was just their worst one

#89 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:34 PM

Grow thicker skin, people!

Right there. That's why Boston won the Cup that year.

Posted Image

#90 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,719 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Not really. Nobody cares about hockey in LA.
The police would laugh at the size of a riot consisting of Kings fans.

Have you ever gone to a game in LA? They care I went down and saw one last year. Your small minded opinion is what gives Vancouver a bad name, so shut the f**k up.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.