Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks mocked, Kings crowned

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#121 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#122 CityinFlames

CityinFlames

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I am calling it here today folks when Kobe Bryant retires the LA community will riot.

#123 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

Maybe Vancouverites need to be mocked. They don't seem to be bright enough to realize that the LAPD did not, in fact, say over the PA "Anyone from Vancouver, raise your hands", but rather, some twit in Orange County tweeted that as a joke. A funny joke, but only a joke.

How on Earth can you guys not see that? Jesus.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#124 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:02 PM

I was a little shocked when reading this, but then I understand why because of our riot last year, but still people just wont let it go. Also finding out LA cops were involved with the mocking as well, is pretty sad on their point and just shows how low LA people/fans have no class and the city doesn't deserve a cup.

I just can't believe that LA cops would actually speak on the PA system outside the arena and asked if anyone here is from Vancouver.

LA cops will kill innocent people because they are black, so shaming another city doesn't surpise me. Also remember these are entitled, ignorant ass, under educated Americans.
Posted Image

#125 Hectic

Hectic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

LA doesn't deserve a cup? How so?

Canuck fans run players out of town, if anyone doesn't deserve a cup its some of our fans

#126 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

LA cops will kill innocent people because they are black, so shaming another city doesn't surpise me. Also remember these are entitled, ignorant ass, under educated Americans.

Your making your self sound like an uneducated ignorant Canadian. Have respect for others and STFU. Your the type of person that gives Vancouver a bad name.

#127 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Your making your self sound like an uneducated ignorant Canadian. Have respect for others and STFU. Your the type of person that gives Vancouver a bad name.

Exactly! well said Nino. For one no LAPD Officer made that stupid comment about Van. One of LAPD's largest divisions is internal affairs. And that is because all complaints have to be investigated no matter how small or stupid they have to conduct an investigation. Can we say the same of the RCMP? don't think so... I don't know if you realize this but the cities mayor and the chief of Police are illegal immigrant friendly. I'll leave it at that.

Edited by SNACanuck, 14 June 2012 - 09:41 PM.

"Politia vigilamus pro te"

#128 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

To mention Rodney King is mute. He was high on meth and engaged in a high speed pursuit the day of the incident. I'm not condoning the use of excessive force by them. To this day he continues to get arrested. So lets find another example other than that dirtbag to make a martyr for police excessive force. For people comment and paint a group(LAPD in this case) as all bad is ludicris, remember that people are doing the same thing about Van and the rioters. The rioters were isolated idiots, just like any cop that goes out of policy. Let's not forget the 98% of people in Van and the 98% of cops that try to do the right thing. Van is a beautiful city with great people. The rioters are the only thing that other fans can poke fun at us with. screw 'em.

Finally, the core Kings fanbase is good and faithful. With that said, there are now a crapload of bangwagoners. I cannot emphasize how many of my friends who did not give a damn about hockey all of a sudden became Kings fans in the last 2 weeks. Keep in mind these are the same people who will have forgotten about the Kings in another week. Obviously they will never surpass our fanbase and numbers just due to hockey being the number one team in Van and not like the Kings which are at most the 5th favorite team down here.

"Politia vigilamus pro te"

#129 treekiller64

treekiller64

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

What do you expect? The Kings don't have enough fans to hold their own riot. If they want some of ours, please take them. Vancouver will be a much better place without them.

um, don't most cities get out of control when they WIN? just sayin.......

#130 verybcman

verybcman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Blessed are the bandwagonners for they have the Cup.

You followup all 82 regular + playoff games each year and what you have.....heartache....each year. :-(

#131 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Funny how only 800 k people watched the finals. I bet their parade down an empty street was enjoyable.

#132 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

Really? You really want to make it about that?
Do I need to make a list of things that Americans have done to make the world a better place? Because that list is undoubtedly longer than the list of Canadians who have done the same.

See. I can make crass generalizations, too.

Edited by Vansicle, 15 June 2012 - 09:54 AM.

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#133 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

First the LA riots were in 1992, second they were about racial equality, poverty and years of built of class warfare in LA.
The Vancouver riot was about the City throwing a big party for its residents and the team losing a damn hockey game.
As a BC resident and a Canucks fan I hate to say it but we deserve to be mocked a little. As someone else said earlier we need to grow a thicker skin.

It was about 4 cops that got away with beating a (drunk) motorist unmerciful and getting away with it in a court of law.

The Vancouver riot was about some punk kids from Surrey who were going to cause a ruckus even if we won.

And I could care less about what other people say about other cities rioting. I think it's funny and sad.

#134 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Do I need to make a list of things that Americans have done to make the world a better place? Because that list is undoubtedly longer than the list of Canadians who have done the same.

That's right V!

For instance, right now we're able to hold this internet discussion because of Al Gore. ;)
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#135 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

I was a little shocked when reading this, but then I understand why because of our riot last year, but still people just wont let it go. Also finding out LA cops were involved with the mocking as well, is pretty sad on their point and just shows how low LA people/fans have no class and the city doesn't deserve a cup.

I just can't believe that LA cops would actually speak on the PA system outside the arena and asked if anyone here is from Vancouver.

I think it's retarded that people think that just because they are a police officer, that they are more moral, trustworthy, upstanding people than the rest of us, when the truth is much different. This isn't even alarming, in fact, who cares what a bunch of dumbass pigs said in some other country about our team... F em... F em all....

#136 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

I was sure that list of Americans was just louder....

Honestly tho Van, you can make that accusation about pretty much every opinionated post on this board, shorter than a paragraph, meaning, those are the ones we read most.... And seriously, I've got friends and family in the states, and they complain about the dumb ignorant ass Americans that are there; I'm pretty sure most of us know they aren't talking about themselves too and it's the same when we say that..

#137 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

That's right V!

For instance, right now we're able to hold this internet discussion because of Al Gore. ;)

I'm glad you are bright enough to make a joke that pries me out of the clutches of molten, irate anger :) Sometimes I have to try extremely hard not get sucked into debate with these types of people. I want to pick them up by the ears and shake the prejudice out of them.
It makes sick to my stomach when people start throwing around blanket insults, no matter who the target is. There was a lot, and I mean a lot of that going on during the recent Winter Olympics. Frakng xenophobic, jingoistic nonsense.

#138 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

I was sure that list of Americans was just louder....

Honestly tho Van, you can make that accusation about pretty much every opinionated post on this board, shorter than a paragraph, meaning, those are the ones we read most.... And seriously, I've got friends and family in the states, and they complain about the dumb ignorant ass Americans that are there; I'm pretty sure most of us know they aren't talking about themselves too and it's the same when we say that..

Ther are dumb ignorant ass people in every city in every province/state in every country on every continent in the world.
I wish people would stop ripping on Vancouverites for last year's riots, as I wish people would stop ripping on Americans for being stupid.

#139 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

1992 LA riots. These guys also riot every year when the Lakers lose or WIN.

Edited by jigsaw99, 15 June 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#140 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,646 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

LA doesn't deserve a cup? How so?

Canuck fans run players out of town, if anyone doesn't deserve a cup its some of our fans

I think you're giving fans far too much credit,

If Canuck fans actually could run players out of town, Rome, Bieksa, Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra and Ballard would all be long gone.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#141 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,589 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:55 PM

I think you're giving fans far too much credit,

If Canuck fans actually could run players out of town, Rome, Bieksa, Luongo, Raymond, Malhotra and Ballard would all be long gone.

Lou's getting run out, one out of six is not too bad?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.