The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis Wants the Team to Get Younger

JasetheCanuck

I think if any prospect is going to make the lineup it will be Jensen. He fits an empty spot on the 2nd line... and we have guys who can move up in case he falters and he can slot into the 3rd line and be protected a little more.

One of the of the contributing variables is that he couldn't go to the AHL yet this year, and playing another year of junior is not likely to really help his development a lot. If he has a reasonable camp I see him getting at least his 9 games to assess whether he can handle the NHL at this point.

So what do you guys think of an offersheet for Chris Stewart on the Blues? He's young (24), he's huge 6'2 230, scored 28 goals in 2009-10 and 2010-11, plus he's tough. He had a cap hit of 2.8 million last year but he only scored 15 goals and was a healthy scratch at times. Seems like there might be some conflict between him and Hitchcock. A change of scenery might help him get his game back on track. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Well there goes that idea. He just signed a 1 year deal worth 3 million with the Blues.

So what do you guys think of an offersheet for Chris Stewart on the Blues? He's young (24), he's huge 6'2 230, scored 28 goals in 2009-10 and 2010-11, plus he's tough. He had a cap hit of 2.8 million last year but he only scored 15 goals and was a healthy scratch at times. Seems like there might be some conflict between him and Hitchcock. A change of scenery might help him get his game back on track. What do you guys think?

Jensen shows a lot of promise would kind of like him on the third line with Hansen...... they want to get younger so maybe they actually trade higgins for something and do a trade like ...

To van: rights to peter Muller

To col: fourth round pick

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Muller

Hansen _____ Jensen?

Higgins is cheap as dirt and a great value for his cap hit. Unless he or Hansen goes out in a trade as part of a package for an elite type player... I don't see them moving for picks. We actually have limited roster spots to fill:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-_______

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

______-Malhotra- Kassian

_______

To fill those 3 spots there are possibilities of: Jensen, Bitz, Pinizotto, Ebbett, Duco, Weise, Volpatti

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-_______

_____ - _______

_______

To fill those 4 spots there are possibilities of: Ballard, Alberts, Tanev, Rome, Salo, Gragnani.

I would say that we need a 2nd line winger via trade or free agency because nobody really fits the bill. I would also say we need to pick up a 4th liner because those choices are all untested. Re-signing Ebbett as a spare centre for cheap isn't a bad idea.

We may or may not need to find another top 4 defenceman depending on if we sign Salo again. We certainly need another top 6 guy regardless to improve.

He's virtually admitting that his plan for the upcoming season has been scrapped, thanks to the forced Hodgson trade.

Now he'll have a hard time icing near the team he had. Henrik Sedin will be the ONLY real center available to the team at season start. (With all due respect to One-Eye Manny, Lappy, and Schroenic the Hedgehog.)

We have been screwed. Yet again. Get ready for a long period of decline.

Or maybe i'm dead wrong with that. Whatever. Cheers.

TOML

The season before Nicklas Jensen was drafted, he scored 29 goals and 29 assists with Oshawa. He was drafted 29th overall.

I'm thinking he should wear # 29 when he makes the big club.

He's virtually admitting that his plan for the upcoming season has been scrapped, thanks to the forced Hodgson trade.

Now he'll have a hard time icing near the team he had. Henrik Sedin will be the ONLY real center available to the team at season start. (With all due respect to One-Eye Manny, Lappy, and Schroenic the Hedgehog.)

TOML

I just don't understand why this team in 42 years hasn't been able to find the right combination of skill, size, toughness and determination to win the cup ? I mean for peat sake you think just once they'd fluke out and get it right !? How much more as fans do they expect us to take !? :blink::wacko:

I just don't understand why this team in 42 years hasn't been able to find the right combination of skill, size, toughness and determination to win the cup ? I mean for peat sake you think just once they'd fluke out and get it right !? How much more as fans do they expect us to take !? :blink::wacko:

TOML

Archived