The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis: Blockbuster deal at draft is a "possibility"

I think a lot of you are way too hard on Samjam99 but this Gillis clip really says nothing. Gone is the Gillis from the exit interviews and that amazing press conference when he said way too much. Now we just have tight lipped MG.

Thank you SamJam for this post amongst others. I'm astonished at all the punks on here who think it's necessary to bash you. Truth be told, if it wasn't for people like you, all these CDC regulars would have nothing to read and debate about. Makes me wonder if they're on here for Canucks news/rumours or here to bash fellow Nucks fans. We're all waiting for that blockbuster trade and I am one fan who believes theres one of our two Stud goalies on the outs. Thanks again SamJam for giving us yet another thread to occupy us in the off season. Ignore all them Haters!!

Thank you SamJam for this post amongst others. I'm astonished at all the punks on here who think it's necessary to bash you. Truth be told, if it wasn't for people like you, all these CDC regulars would have nothing to read and debate about. Makes me wonder if they're on here for Canucks news/rumours or here to bash fellow Nucks fans. We're all waiting for that blockbuster trade and I am one fan who believes theres one of our two Stud goalies on the outs. Thanks again SamJam for giving us yet another thread to occupy us in the off season. Ignore all them Haters!!

REALLY hard to view SamJam as credible and he's grasping at straws here. Nonetheless I appreciate the video upload. The need to defend and support SamJam when he's completely off base and likely still in highschool escapes me.

I would like to know what a "useless" thread on a rumour forum actually is. What is actually wrong with what samjam does? I haven't heard anything of value from the people accusing him.

Should it matter if the rumour is accurate or not? Are you guys mad that you wanted Loungo traded to Toronto but it didn't happen? Should we just change the name of the forum to "Trades and Signings"? Is that what you guys what?

What is credible? What is not credible? I bet you guys have no idea even of what "credible" actually is.

REALLY hard to view SamJam as credible and he's grasping at straws here. Nonetheless I appreciate the video upload. The need to defend and support SamJam when he's completely off base and likely still in highschool escapes me.

http://canucksarmy.c...llow-on-twitter

Yesterday, for example, a Twitter user known as "@SamJam99" tweeted that the Canucks and Leafs had agreed upon a deal for Roberto Luongo, and were simply holding off on the announcement until late June or early July. Often times a rumour tweet of this nature will surface (@IncarceratedBob tweeted that the deal was "80% complete" just last week) and everyone will write it off. @SamJam99, however, has beaten the mainstream media on three major occasions over the past several years.

In the fall of 2011, he was thirty minutes ahead of TSN on the exact particulars of the David Booth for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson swap. In February of 2012 he beat TSN by a similar margin with again, the exact particulars of the buzzer-beating Hodgson for Kassian trade on trade deadline day.

Again, this isn't some dude guessing about what the Canucks are going to do, this is a kid who had Sulzer and Hodgson heading to Buffalo in exchange for Gragnani and Kassian thirty minutes before any mainstream outlets were reporting it. He correctly had Sulzer in the trade damn it - so you know he wasn't just guessing.

And what? Samjam99 and Angus shill jobs too? Jeez. With this many self-proclaimed experts who have fantasy insiders floating around these days, who needs Eklund's random Canadian team-based rumblings anymore?

You know... This is why the upcoming lockout is gonna suck. Instead of actual hockey being played, we're going to witness an epic playoff between several miscellaneous randoms with inside information that may or may not be 'certified' BS.

I don't mind the information, actually. Some of it is worthy of reading when there's nothing else. But the shameless pimping? Please.

Gonna be a LOOOONG lockout, people.

TOML

Archived