The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On a "Date"

I can talk to a bunch of girls via text or whatever, and still talk to them a lot in person. Too bad none of these girls are good looking. *sigh*

Just be glad it wasn't a pedophile.

Denguin seems to have a lot to say for someone whose only been on two dates, haha. Must be a thinker! And Special Ed seems like a bit of a douche who goes to pick up drunk girls in clubs, lol.

I shall rephrase that statement...

I've only been in two relationships***, so I've only been on two "first dates"... Both of which successfully sparked a longer-term relationship.

I'm not a huge thinker, but I plan quite a bit, just for the first date or two so I can really lay my cards on the table for that 'wow' factor. After that though, I just let spontaniety take over.

I work magic with text messages/phone calls too, so that's a big help!

I can talk to a bunch of girls via text or whatever, and still talk to them a lot in person. Too bad none of these girls are good looking. *sigh*

Just be glad it wasn't a pedophile.

Denguin seems to have a lot to say for someone whose only been on two dates, haha. Must be a thinker! And Special Ed seems like a bit of a douche who goes to pick up drunk girls in clubs, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty late update - I think I can conclude that we have no chemistry. :/

damn, this thing is not saving the stuff that I've typed out. I added in some details but it didn't save at all. Retarded.

Edit: I'll try again since the above got saved.

Our shared interests are razor thin, which might not be a problem if either of us were more open to treading new territory. But her online personality differs from her offline one, less playful and more mundane. And I'm not a guy that wanted to take initiative too much because I didn't want to come across as bossy (a fault of mine). At this stage, I just don't see us connecting, no matter how hard we try. We are better off as friends/close friends.

It's such a damn disappointment considering how much time we've spent texting to each other (a lot!) and two dates.

Sigh.

Oh. Well if you're not attracted to her, then no.

Don't force it.

But if you are, then yeah. And dates don't need to be elaborate. They can just be a hang out at either of your house.

Some booze will lighten things up.

Don't put too much into it. It's just a girl, right? It's not like she's your wife.

Oh. Well if you're not attracted to her, then no.

Don't force it.

But if you are, then yeah. And dates don't need to be elaborate. They can just be a hang out at either of your house.

Some booze will lighten things up.

Don't put too much into it. It's just a girl, right? It's not like she's your wife.

Then don't. And don't feel bad about it. You're talking to a guy who meets a new girl every week.

It's not a bad thing to be picky. And don't get upset when it doesn't work out.

But if you want to get laid, have some drinks. Haha.

from someone whose been on a few blind dates before my advice is play it slow... if it turns out she's as hot as you hoped she was don't freak out and try and impress her too much it will only scare her away. Just play it causually, be a good listener and the rest will come naturally.

confidence is sexy, know like one of the first posters said you are already golden.

from someone whose been on a few blind dates before my advice is play it slow... if it turns out she's as hot as you hoped she was don't freak out and try and impress her too much it will only scare her away. Just play it causually, be a good listener and the rest will come naturally.

confidence is sexy, know like one of the first posters said you are already golden.

Archived