Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

On a "Date"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
102 replies to this topic

#91 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,047 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Just talk to them like...wait for it... human beings.

Be fun, be outgoing, be yourself and above all else. Be a gentleman. Open doors, be polite etc. Expect the same respectful behavior in return (appreciation for said door openings etc). If she isn't reciprocating the respect, walk away ( no matter how hot).

This is not rocket dentistry folks. There's no magical "game" or "mad lady skillzzz" unless you're just aiming for boning floozies (can be fun but a largely hollow process...). If that's your goal I'm sure you can find all sorts of info on how to trick women to play with your twig and berries. Otherwise it's pretty straightforward.

Honesty, respect, reciprocity, communication, chemistry. If they're not there move on until you find it.

Perhaps most importantly be honest with yourself what YOU want. So much misery is caused by people not being honest with themselves and blaming it on the other person.

Edited by J.R., 04 September 2012 - 09:55 AM.

"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#92 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Update:

(...Continued from locked thread)

I ended up meeting her and went on a couple of dates with her!

So, she's a lot more comfortable with meeting up now that we got over the hump. She isn't as hideous as she said she was - she was just really really insecure.

She's a nice girl. We asked each other to be upfront with each other and we did. We basically asked each other "invasive" questions not to look for suspicious answers but to gain trust with each other. Worked like a charm. She felt like she had no more things to hide from me and neither did I.

We've visited each other's place once now.

Lots of phone calls + texts.

I just know she's crazy about me and I really like her back. We're probably going to get serious from here on in.

Thanks for everyone's help in the other thread which got unfortunately locked.

Edited by Matthew Lombardi 18, 14 September 2012 - 05:08 PM.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Too busy talking to actual sources? lolwut

Posted Image

Signature designed by Morrison_rocks7 - thanks!

#93 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

glad to hear it man, I know I was being a bit facetious in that thread but I really was pulling for you guys to figure it out

though to be honest I am going to miss the constant first-date-threads followed by cdc drama lol

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#94 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

You said you had no more things to hide from her...

... So you told her you got relationship advice from an only hockey forum?

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

Mafia Record: 4-6 

#95 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

You said you had no more things to hide from her...

... So you told her you got relationship advice from an only hockey forum?

I never gave out her name, my location, her location and any of the details. She lives in a small town and isn't into watching sports. I don't see what the problem is.

Like I said, I wasn't sure about what to do.

I WAS upfront with her. I told her that I wasn't sure why she was so initially unwilling to meet (despite the fact that everything else suggested she was interested) but that I was glad that she took the gamble on me. I told her how I felt and she confirmed to me (afterward) that it would have been bad had I walked away from the situation.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

So we are officially in a bit of a silly season, and in general I stay away from the completely crazy rumors that persist on the internet, or in the case of the Leafs having interest in Nabokov or Turco I will occasionally debunk them...however, I have been getting inundated with emails, PMs, and questions on twitter regarding a few rumors that are out there...so here goes.. I will address the rumors and follow with what I have or haven't heard...If you all like this format, maybe Wacky Wednesdays could be a regular feature. I wouldn't do it more than once a week, because I am too busy talking to actual sources and attempting to provide you all with as much unique information as possible.

Posted Image

#96 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I never gave out her name, my location, her location and any of the details. She lives in a small town and isn't into watching sports. I don't see what the problem is.

Like I said, I wasn't sure about what to do.

I WAS upfront with her. I told her that I wasn't sure why she was so initially unwilling to meet (despite the fact that everything else suggested she was interested) but that I was glad that she took the gamble on me. I told her how I felt and she confirmed to me (afterward) that it would have been bad had I walked away from the situation.

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Sorry was on phone so couldn't put in a smilie. It was a joke.

#97 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:27 AM

Sorry was on phone so couldn't put in a smilie. It was a joke.

your phone doesn't have the capability of writing colons or parentheses?

sounds like a cheap ass phone, and you should see mine

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#98 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

your phone doesn't have the capability of writing colons or parentheses?

sounds like a cheap ass phone, and you should see mine

Nope my phone only has the letters under the numbers 0-9 like an old nokia

#99 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Pretty sure even those old Nokias could add symbols. It's probably in the menu, you can add symbols.

In any case, glad to hear ML18. Good news that everything is working out! Good luck!

RIP LB RR PD

#100 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

Really glad things worked out for you. You deserve it, I think.
Posted Image

#101 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:45 PM

Update:

(...Continued from locked thread)

I ended up meeting her and went on a couple of dates with her!

So, she's a lot more comfortable with meeting up now that we got over the hump. She isn't as hideous as she said she was - she was just really really insecure.

She's a nice girl. We asked each other to be upfront with each other and we did. We basically asked each other "invasive" questions not to look for suspicious answers but to gain trust with each other. Worked like a charm. She felt like she had no more things to hide from me and neither did I.

We've visited each other's place once now.

Lots of phone calls + texts.

I just know she's crazy about me and I really like her back. We're probably going to get serious from here on in.

Thanks for everyone's help in the other thread which got unfortunately locked.

Way to go!
Posted Image

#102 Matthew Lombardi 18

Matthew Lombardi 18

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yet.. he was able to put two ellipses (three periods + three periods).

I'm in a good mood so I'm not gonna call you out :lol:

Also, many thanks for the support! I hope things go well with a current crush/future girl.

Edited by Matthew Lombardi 18, 17 September 2012 - 04:11 PM.

Posted Image

#103 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yet.. he was able to put two ellipses (three periods + three periods).

I'm in a good mood so I'm not gonna call you out :lol:

Also, many thanks for the support! I hope things go well with a current crush/future girl.

Lol I wasn't being serious. =D , there a smilie for you =)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.